Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Treating a dog with a dog bite....help please

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by keeleyjane19, Apr 23, 2011.

1. keeleyjane19

keeleyjane19 Guest

Hello, a few days ago my friends dog and my greyhound were playing in the garden and got a bit rough. On the bottom of her chest she got bitten, it must have only caught her as not a wound just a graze, but being a greyhound looks worse than it is! It's not pussing or oozing any fluid. I have cleansed it with cooled boiled water and applied antiseptic cream. How else can I treat it? Are there any antibiotic creams anyone can recommend? Thank you x

2. Twiggy

Twiggy PetForums VIP

I would think what you've applied will be fine. Just keep an eye on the wound for the next few days.

3. Sheen and Eli

Sheen and Eli PetForums VIP

I got some vet wound powder from the chemist, its what I use when mine get bumps and scratches. Pet shops must sell it, I would of thought :)

4. keeleyjane19

keeleyjane19 Guest

Ok thank you for your help :) don't think its a vet job, *touch wood*, as doesn't look infected and isn't weeping or bleeding. Will just keep it clean and keep an eye on it then :) xx

5. Nonnie

Nonnie PetForums VIP

With small cuts and grazes i tend to clean (usually with very dilute hibiscrub), leave to dry, then i apply some sudocrem.

They usually heal better if left alone tbh.

1 person likes this.
  6. We use antiseptic wipes, think I would say give the cream a miss.

7. kirk68

kirk68 PetForums VIP

we always use a tea tree ointment for scratches and grazes, it has antibiotic qualities, or so I'm told, but it seems to work a treat on the whippets and the cats.:001_smile:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice