Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Treat the dog as a baby- who me !!!!

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by Cockerpoo lover, Apr 5, 2011.

1. Cockerpoo lover

Cockerpoo lover PetForums VIP

When I give the dogs their chews Milly in particular get really excited and does that lovely puppy bum tail wiggle.

Anyway it starts off with me saying to them " do you want a boney?" followed by me going to Milly " What you got Moogie?" ( her nickname) where she makes her Roo Roo noise as if talking to you.

Then I do this a few times as she wiggles or Roo Roo's or just looks at me with it in her mouth.

She carries it around in her mouth for ages whereas Monty just gets on and scoffs his.

Then mummy takes it out of her mouth and pretends to eat it going "mmmm yum yum " before giving it back:D:D

Not really treating her like a baby now is it? :lol::lol::lol:

2. shells

shells PetForums VIP

:D aparently i d this aswell lol i talk to b uster as i do the kids and call him my baby boy lol

3. DaisytheTT

DaisytheTT PetForums Senior

Nah never ;) I never treat Daisy like a baby (YEAH RIGHT!!!!)

Call her my beautiful baby girl, call her Daisy Daisy doooooooo, say "ahhh look how cute she looks" when she's lying there all sleepy, wrap her in a towel when she's all wet and hold her in my arms like a baby, say "oh what you got there chicken, show it to Mummy" all done in a sing-song voice when she brings me one of her toys etc etc.

But it's ok, cos Hubby does the same to her :D

4. Cockerpoo lover

Cockerpoo lover PetForums VIP

Oh we both sing to to them too :D

and we baby words too such as in Din Dins ( dinner), Let mummy wipe your bum bum :001_smile:

Oh I could go on but have probably embarrassed myself enough already:D:D

5. Twiggy

Twiggy PetForums VIP

Of course not. Perfectly sensible human-dog interaction IMO.....LOL:)

6. Amber Dawn

Amber Dawn PetForums Member

I only ever realise I'm doing it when we've got company and someone points out that I'm talking to the dog in a baby voice :D

7. babycham2002

babycham2002 PetForums VIP

When Im having a cuddle with Percy and Willow wants letting out in the garden I very carefully balance him on my hip and carry him across the room so as not to disturb him :001_smile:

8. catz4m8z

catz4m8z PetForums VIP

Sounds normal to me! Im 'mummy' to my dogs too.:eek:
    Although I think if you used that squeeky, sing song baby talk with another human being you might be locked up! (could you imagine??"Oooooooh, whatchoo got??are ooo talkin' on your mobby phone???good boy!!!":lol:)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice