Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Travel sickness...is their a cure?

Discussion in 'Dog Health and Nutrition' started by dazzast, Sep 1, 2013.

1. dazzast

dazzast PetForums Junior

Hi,

Our puppy hates travelling in the car. Any journey more than about 10 minutes and he's sick. Is there anything we can do?

Thanks
    Daz

2. smokeybear

smokeybear PetForums VIP

3. NorthernDarkness

NorthernDarkness PetForums Member

I know someone who's cat had travel sickness. They travelled a lot, and medication wasn't working. However they found a cure from acupuncture. Not sure if this would work for dogs, but I don't see why not.

4. asot

asot PetForums Newbie

Our pet usually lays under the driver seat (he is really small) and it is the only place where he stops shaking...I suppose because he feels saver there, and doesn't see the movement. Can you try it?

5. Mum2Heidi

Mum2Heidi PetForums VIP

I think it's something they possibly grow out of.

Heidi got sick as a pup. We persisted and gradually lengthened the journeys. Fed when we got to our destination if it coincided with a mealtime and exercised her well to make her sleepy before we left. Also gave her chance to toilet. She seemed more likely to get sick if we didnt.

Perhaps spend some time taking your pup for 10 min journeys or less so he isnt sick and it becomes a good experience.

In time, I noticed Heidi would lie down and look at the seat or the floor rather than where she was going as tho she'd worked out how to get round it.:D:D

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice