Welcome!

Welcome to PetForums, the UK's most popular and friendly pet owners community. Please 'Sign Up' if you'd like to take part and contribute to our forum.

Traumatic Night..(Contains sad and detailed story)

Discussion in 'Rainbow Bridge' started by Wild With Roxi, Sep 14, 2018 at 1:42 PM.

1. Wild With Roxi

Wild With Roxi i love Animals too much

Last Night the little 3 week old Guinea pig I had been keeping a close eye on in my room with a foster mom and her litter passed away. I spent all night with him as he slowly faded and cried my eyes out through the whole night..I Held him in my arms as he struggled to take his last breaths comforting him and petting him and telling him he was loved..

His name was Will. He was a 3 week old Tri Colour Smooth baby Guinea pig who a few days ago appeared to have a cold/making weird noises, I took him inside from our herd and brought a foster Mom and her litter with him so he could still nurse. I said I'd wait a few days to see if that helped, giving him extra Vit.C enriched foods and lot's of TLC..He seemed to be recovering slightly about two days ago so I was delighted! I gave him tons of love and cuddles and he was so friendly and loved to explore. He became close to Freida a little Black abyssinian with a ginger patch on her face from his foster mom's litter, and they were great friends.
    Last night at about 11pm I saw Will on his side from my bed with Freida snuggled up to him..I jumped out of bed and went over to see what was wrong, I picked him up and saw he was struggling to breath and was very weak and cold, he was almost paralyzed on one side and couldn't stand up at all..His eyes had slightly glazed over..I thought he was almost gone at this point and held him in my arms with tears streaming down my face, I sat there with him for over an hour and he had still not changed, he struggled and tried so hard to stand up and his little squeaks to his foster family where heart breaking..I made him a little nest to be comfortable in with some Pajamas and put him in a box on the nest with some hay and a water bottle in my hand. I offered him water and he drank it willingly but didn't want any hay or pellets..He just cuddled up and I sat there with him for hours petting him and talking to him..I decided to get a little bit of sleep after a few hours..tears still streaming down my face I fell asleep after a few minutes..I woke up an hour later to find him still alive in the same state, but making the noises again and only taking a sharp breath every ten seconds..He was suffering and I was so upset that I couldn't do anything to help him..There were no out of hour vets around and my family were all asleep..His breathing became so hard to see as his tiny chest rose and fell so lightly every few seconds..He passed away soon after and I was devastated and distraught..His tiny broken body was in my arms in his final moments as he took his last breaths I told him I loved him and he was a special boy..

I am completely traumatized and so upset today, he was such an adorable little boy and I loved him to bits, like I love all my Piggies..He was only with me for 3 short weeks but I loved him so much for all of that time..and I still do now.

Rest Easy Little Will, Forever in My Heart :(

2. kimthecat

kimthecat PetForums VIP

Wild With Roxi likes this.
  3. lorilu

lorilu PetForums VIP

So sorry for your loss of the little one. There must have been something wrong with him though, think of all the misery he has been spared. xx

Lurcherlad and Wild With Roxi like this.
  4. Wild With Roxi

Yeah :( It was so sad..Thank you xx

5. Wild With Roxi

Thank you xx Yeah..I'm glad he isn't suffering..but it's just so sad that he didn't get to grow up :(

6. Lurcherlad

Lurcherlad PetForums VIP

Very sad - sorry for your loss :(

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice