Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Transporting Rabbit

Discussion in 'Rabbits' started by emzybabe, Aug 9, 2009.

1. emzybabe

emzybabe PetForums VIP

me and Miffy have just spent a week in Derbyshire, I just wondered how people transport their rabbits? and if there is such thing as a leak proof water bottle?

2. hazyreality

hazyreality PetForums VIP

Mine just have a cat carrier but then they are never going that far! I also have a dog crate should Mercedes and Mclaren need to be taken somwhere, they dont fit in a normal carrier! Usually I dont worry about a water bottle cos it isnt far, if any length of time I just attach it to the door of the carrier.

*Heidi*

3. frags

frags PetForums VIP

i know my friend keeps her buns in dark boxes and never feeds them on journeys. not sure about a leak proof bottle lol they even leak when on a still cage.

4. Nicky09

Nicky09 PetForums VIP

We had a solid plastic carrier for Leo but we use a airline dog crate now as that was what we flew him in over here. Maybe put in a bowl of water every so often

5. cassie01

cassie01 PetForums VIP

mine go in either cat carriers or lizard carriers. i use normal water bottles and have had no problem with leakings.

6. emzybabe

emzybabe PetForums VIP

because of uni and things Miffy has got quiet used to traveling although i admit its not ideal, she seems to sleep most of the way, I've been using just the normally ball water bottles and have tried 3 of them and each one seems to leek half empty in the car oh well..

7. cassie01

cassie01 PetForums VIP

My last bun used to have to travel with me to and from uni, 150 miles about 6 times a year, he didnt mind the car thankfully but we never had any big leaks, only slightly. you could maybe try not attaching the bottle while driving and just stop regually to offer drinks. or could you use a deep bowl and just not fill it and take a bottle of water to top it up if need be.

8. emzybabe

emzybabe PetForums VIP

Nicky out of interest how must hassle was it to fly a rabbit?

9. Nicky09

Nicky09 PetForums VIP

Quite a bit but we went through a transport company who sorted everything out. Not many airlines will let them fly and they have to go in the cargo which we didn't mind. He flew in a dog kennel for a cocker spaniel size dog because their ears have to clear the top of the carrier. I think they put in ice chips in the water bowl so it didn't spill and they had water.

10. emzybabe

emzybabe PetForums VIP

worth it to have ur pets with u tho i hear of so many people leaving theirs behind, theres no way i could leave Miffy

11. Nicky09

Nicky09 PetForums VIP

I could never have left him behind or any of them I can't understand people leaving them behind if they can take them.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice