Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Transporting Cats

Discussion in 'Cat Training and Behaviour' started by Miss.PuddyCat, Jul 23, 2009.

1. Miss.PuddyCat

Miss.PuddyCat PetForums VIP

I was wondering if any one has any tips on transporting Cats by car?

I only have one problem and thats with horris he goes nuts when in the car. I was thinking of putting him in his carrier with a towel and shredded paper about 15 minutes before we go and then load him into the car and let him sit there for a few minutes before actually leaving.

2. Midnight

Midnight PetForums VIP

I don't really know all mine are good in their carriers :D they just sit there and behave ! ;) x

3. spid

spid PetForums VIP

Spray the carrier with feliway 10mins before you put him in. Presto cries for the first 20 mins then tends to sette down. We cover his carrier with a blanket too to make it dark, also make sure it is secure and on a level so he feels safe.

4. RebeccaCairns

RebeccaCairns PetForums Newbie

My mum always used to get the carriers out about a day before going anywhere so the cats could see them and put their scent all over them before going in them. Put them in the carriers about 15 mins before you leave and cover them with a towel if they get distressed. Talk to them too so they can hear a recognised, friendly sound. Hope this helps xxx

5. Miss.PuddyCat

Miss.PuddyCat PetForums VIP

He was half bad this time :eek: he didnt crap in the carrier but he did spray and pee everywhere the little munchkin. Ill give all your tips a try when we go back in a few weeks.

6. Nicky09

Nicky09 PetForums VIP

We taught Damien to go into the carrier on command and then gave him treats for staying calm. Try putting him in before you leave and covering it up if its dark and warm he'll be calmer.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice