Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Transport help needed Surrey to Hampshire

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by ceretrea, Apr 23, 2011.

1. ceretrea

ceretrea PetForums Senior

Need to get a rat from Furry Friends rescue in Olds Coulsdon in Surrey. He'll be a friend for my young boy who is on his own and have been desperately trying to find a way to get him here as I don't drive.

Is anyone coming from there to anywhere near Southampton/portsmouth/winchester that could help at all? Please let me know even if you cn only o part of the journey it would be a help.

2. thedogsmother

thedogsmother PetForums VIP

Just bumping this up for ceretrea, can anyone do all or part of this journey?

3. Lumpy

Lumpy PetForums Senior

Where are you trying to get the rat to?

I live in Hampshire (Havant) and would be happy to do the second part of the trip. I know nothing about rats and probably wouldn't want to handle him:eek: (It's the long tail that worries me a bit - I'm the same with gerbils but I love hamsters).

4. xgemma86x

xgemma86x PetForums VIP

I'm the same. I'm terrified of tails on rodents:eek: I'm a hamster lover tho <3

OT: I really wish I could help but I live too far away :(

5. Kammie

Kammie PetForums VIP

When are you planning to do the run?

I'll be going from Sutton (Surrey) next weekend to Southampton to visit my mum if thats any help.

6. ceretrea

That may possibly be a huge help! We'd be doing the run whenever transport is available. No need to handle ratty either, in fact I would recommend not at all in case of escape. I will let pm you x

7. ceretrea

Thank you so much to Kammi for doing this, although one rat turned into three ;) Now Binky will have lots of company x

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice