Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Transfer of Ownership

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by leafy, Mar 28, 2011.

1. leafy

leafy PetForums Junior

I rehomed my pug just over a year ago now and I put him in some companion dog shows last year and he did pretty well.

Anyway, the previous owner sent me his 5 year pedigree certificate and now I want to transfer him into my name. I understand that the previous owner has to give their consent by signing something from the KC and returning it to them. I've written to the KC in January telling them that I want him transferred into my name but don't have the previous owner's address anymore as they've recently moved. I gave them the telephone number though.

I've still not heard from the KC so sent them a chasing letter about 10 days ago. I know the previous owners have moved house twice since registering my little man and apparently didn't keep the KC up to date.

I've emailed the previous owner about contacting the KC for me but she's not emailed me back. I'm starting to tear my hair out and not even getting an acknowledgement from the KC is annoying. I know they have been busy with Crufts etc but surely they should respond to me. I don't mind paying whatever fees are due but I feel like I'm getting nowhere. Once he's in my name I wanted to ask the KC to provide me with a letter to show him at open shows as he's been neutered. I just like entering the shows with him for some fun and he really enjoys himself too.

Does anyone know of any other way around my problem of getting him transferred to me? The KC just seem to be pretty useless.

Sorry to moan but I wondered if anyone else has had similar problems.

Thanks for reading.

2. Freyja

Freyja PetForums VIP

As far as I can remember the previouse owner just has to sign and date in the right place on the back of the registration form, you do the same in the relivant place and then send it off with the roght amount of money.

3. leafy

leafy PetForums Junior

That's my problem though, I don't know where the previous owners live now and they are not returning my emails.

4. You could try and go back to the person who bred him and ask them to sign it and explain to the kennel club what has happened.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice