Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Training video

Discussion in 'Dog Training and Behaviour' started by Katieforian, Mar 27, 2011.

1. Katieforian

Katieforian PetForums Member

Hi, i thought id share with you my video of my little cocker x springer, sprocket.

YouTube - Sprocket - My Sprocker Spaniel's Dog Tricks

Im in the process of teaching him weave backwards, "hide your eyes" (covering face with his paw) and limp.

Any other ideas on what i can teach him would be great, as everything in the video he has known now since he was 7 months.

2. Helbo

Helbo PetForums VIP

How about teaching him to wave or give you a hi-5? They're pretty easy to do and people find them adorable!

btw - the play dead trick was the worst :tongue_smilie: your dogs tail gives him away :) he he

3. Alice Childress

Alice Childress PetForums VIP

It was so cute his little tail wagging away while "dead". I never knew pretending to be shot could be so much fun. Clever little thing!

4. Katieforian

Katieforian PetForums Member

Wave sounds cool, never thought of that one, i'll give it a go :)

lol shhh pretend you didn't see that bit, he loves doing training to much to keep it still!

5. RobD-BCactive

RobD-BCactive PetForums VIP

Nice dog name and nice video :) Did you do it for Zak George's new show, it's called "Who let the dogs out?" and is going to be on CBBC, or whatever they call it these days.

If you can teach those spaniels to walk LLW or heel, then you would probably be in demand, judging by some recent threads!

You obviously enjoy cute tricks, so what about extending the back, back stuff, by having her pull something, so it looks like some toys are getting tucked in or something? May be rolling a ball behind furniture to hide it, then flush it out again. Perhaps eventually you could have a doggy Newton's cradle simulation going?

A kind of Hi-5 is easy to teach, but harder to get looking really right, my dog seems to enjoy it though. I'd choose a surface with give, rather than encourage jumping in a young dog on hard floors or ground (they do enough of that anyway).

6. Twiggy

Twiggy PetForums VIP

That was lovely. If you've taught all those moves you really should put a routine together and enter heelwork to music.

Here's a few more:

circle around your legs and then circle through your legs.

circle around you backwards

stand right up on hind legs

lift one front paw and then the other as you walk along.

lift hind leg and then the other

Is that enough for now?

7. Helbo

Helbo PetForums VIP

I have the same issue when Charlie does our play dead. I say bang and he falls over, tail wagging, eyes watching for a treat. :D

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice