UK Pet Forums Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6,192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last Tuesday I went to a view a dog training session to see about starting with Indie. I watched the beginners class, four dogs in all, a 14 wk cocker spaniel, two other smallish dogs and a springer spaniel. What a lovely class, calm and quiet, they were just learning sit and come the pup was a little tricky but still so sweet and quiet. The springer was so well behaved, turns out the owner needs to put him through training to obtain certificates rather than for the actual training - not sure why but will ask!!
Anyway, I signed up to be told that as it was that groups first week I can join them this week :eek: Talk about rocking the boat, Indie will no doubt be bouncy and excited no matter how much I walk her first, we'll cause havoc I'm sure!
I have this sinking feeling that I am going to get a right telling off, Indie is like a tearaway compared with the others.
Please send 'good behaviour' vibes to me, I'm going to need them :D:D

·
Registered
6,192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think it's because she is a big pup and still clumsy etc that I worry, the other dogs are really little and gentle, think the other owners are in for a bit of a shock :D

·
Registered
14,446 Posts
I'm sure you and Indie will be fine. I'm equally sure the trainers have dealt with nervous owners and big bouncy puppies before as well.

They are there to help and encourage you, not tell you off. It'll be fine honest....!!

·
Registered
490 Posts
I think it's because she is a big pup and still clumsy etc that I worry, the other dogs are really little and gentle, think the other owners are in for a bit of a shock :D
we had this with CJ and his puppy class, but lucky for us there was a mastiff about the same age and size to take some of the focus off him lol.

maddie was the opposite, we strugled to get her to move in some of her classes, that was probably more embarasing than CJ barking and clambering all over the rest of the class :rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,427 Posts
I was worried about this with Sam as when he went to puppy classes he was twice the size of the other pups apart from a GSD the same age.

He actually did well and didn't get too hyper at all and I just made sure there was enough distance between pups so he didn't splat them with his paws :D

I'm sure you'll both be fine, good luck!

·
Registered
16,426 Posts
LOL, like when Roxy & I joined a class!!! :eek:

Tbh, the trainer we saw was great & told me to relax, they had seen/heard it all before so nothing was going to suprise them. I was quite nervous at first as we had been dropped form other classes but at the new place they were right, I learnt to relax more & we settled in really well ....eventually! :D

·
Registered
6,192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The trainers seemed really nice, I know I'll just find the look of horror on the other owner's faces hysterical, bet I can't stop laughing!

We have been placing bets here on:
1) How many times I get told off.
2) Of the four other dogs in the group which will Indie decide to try and squash.
3) Will Indie wee in the middle of the floor. (or worse :eek:)

Jaz was always so well behaved at puppy classes :aureola:, never did anything wrong Singing:. I love my rose tinted glasses :D:D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.