Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Training cat to use the toilet

Discussion in 'Cat Training and Behaviour' started by anna-coco2009, Aug 2, 2009.

1. anna-coco2009

anna-coco2009 PetForums Junior

Hi my cat is 10 months old and I really want to train her to use the toilet and get rid of her cat tray....

Has anyone else trained their cat on the loo and how long did it take, I have a siamese so I hope she will learn fast. :)

also what age is it best to start and do you think I have left it abit late to train her?

Thanks Anna

2. bichonsrus

bichonsrus PetForums Senior

ive never trained a cat to use the toilet but one of my cats did used to use the toilet anyway when i was little. I have seen the toilet training bits you can get and wondered if i would be able to teach my cat to do it myself. Im sure at 10 months if they want to learn then they will, let us know how you get on, i may try it out myself come the winter time.

3. sullivan

sullivan PetForums VIP

Theres toilet training kits on ebay it works by fixing a litter pan over toilet and every few days or even a week if there a bit nervious then the next rings removed until the litter space gets smaller and the toilet hole gets bitter until its the toilet pan. Google on u tube cats uses toilet it will show you. lol. I think this is ok if you have a clock room toilet you can ave for your cat but not sure how hygenic it would be. But would save a bit on cat litter and they would never be caught short. Unless some one shuts the door by mistake. My mum in laws cat if caught short would pee in the plug hole of the bath. Maybe because of the smell of drains. She said rather that than on her furniture etc.

4. Crocky

Crocky PetForums Junior

I'm curious to know how your cat progresses in learning... Keep us updated! ;)

I do think it's best to start learning as soon as possible. Mostly they learn and adapt quicker when they're still young. Can't give any other advice, sorry... Good luck anyway!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice