Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Training cat/keeping him occupied.

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by siberiankiss, Apr 4, 2011.

1. siberiankiss

siberiankiss PetForums Senior

I'm not going to write a massive long post - don't want to bore you all...

1) How do I stop Rufus from swiping at our plates whilst we're eating?

2) How do I stop Rufus from going behind the telly and batting at the wires (and making us lose telly signal!)

3) How do I stop Rufus from sitting on the cabinet in front of the telly whilst OH plays Xbox? :)D)

The first point is pretty annoying. I don't like locking him in the kitchen whilst we eat (usually because there's leftovers/washing up all over the place until after we've finished eating) but having him in the same room is a nightmare.

Second two points don't really bother me but they are driving my OH up the wall. He dislikes Rufus more and more every day :( I don't want him to hate him!

What can I give him that can keep him occupied and stop him from being such a nuisance? Toy-wise big, robust things are better as the dog will just find and eat anything little.

He's an angel during the day - I'm sure he just does it to wind my OH up!

EDIT: Probably should have put this in 'training and behaviour'...

2. Jenny1966

Jenny1966 PetForums VIP

ermmmmm cant really help you, but if it makes you feel any better Molly does all three as well :)

oh had a thought, if you haven't got a laser mouse, then get one! Molly will leave anything alone if she can chase the laser :)

3. TatiLie

TatiLie PetForums VIP

What about feeding him at your meals time as well? Ari starts asking for food when I start to cook (when the oil is burning and I'm crying chopping onions). I fill up her bowl but she eats just a little and leave the rest to eat with us.

Can you get him a 'play area' away from the tv? I use a zooplus delivery box (with all their 'signature' holes) full of toys.

I suppose he does it out of jealousy. Ari lays on the keyboard of the computer. Maybe you could play with Rufus when OH's playing Xbox?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice