Training activities that can be done in the house

Discussion in 'Gundogs & Gundog Training' started by emskithompson, Nov 14, 2014.

1. emskithompson

emskithompson PetForums Newbie

Hi all!!

I currently work really long hours. On the days I work, my dog (Finn) gets a good walk on the morning(still trying to perfect the walk to heel exercise), he also gets a short stroll at dinner time off my mother in law. I was wondering if there is any games/activities I could try in the house on a night in order to keep his mind active?

I'm new to all of this so any advice or guidance is greatly appreciated :001_tongue:

2. LittlePancakeTheExotic

LittlePancakeTheExotic http://jogmydog.co.uk/

I know your post is old ...but we just started Talking Dog scentwork in the house and its great, tires him out quickly and he loves it. We started weeks back actually but did our first proper workshop yesterday.

3. Deroglitter

Deroglitter PetForums Newbie

Simple walk to heel on /off the lead, recall, sit/ stay and retrieve can all be done in the house.
    In fact it's easier on a young dog to learn commands in a small area at first .

Torin. likes this.
  4. Sharkomantis

Sharkomantis Banned

I taught my dog basic commands at home, since it's more convenient and the treats are a whole lot closer.

Currently, I'm trying to teach him how to be a dog tracker and find puppers when they start hiding the house.

WillowT and Deroglitter like this.
  5. adamsNancy

adamsNancy Guest

I actually hire a dog sitter in the morning and I walk the dog myself at night and to check if the dog sitter is doing her job I've attached a dog gps tracker on my dog to track he's activity.