Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Trainer/staffordshire

Discussion in 'Dog Training and Behaviour' started by only1bert, Jun 30, 2009.

1. only1bert

only1bert PetForums Newbie

Hi all, im after some advice for a trainer in staffordshire, or how to go about finding one.
    We have a basset hound and he is really well behaved, The only problem we are having with him is i think he is abit usure of himself and not sure how/what to do when meeting other dogs and people on our walks, he will just bark and sometimes lunge at other dogs and people, but he is still wagging his tail so i dont think it is aggression really. Somtimes he is happy to sniff other dogs but 90% of the time it will end up with him growling.
    Otherwise he is really well behaved, he will sit to put his lead on and sit before leaving the house, No issues with food or toys.
    So i think its just a confidence thing. So far ive tried not to avoid people and dogs on our walks, so he get used to seeing them.
    If anyone has any advice or info regarding a trainer we would be very grateful.

2. Dundee

Dundee Banned

3. only1bert

only1bert PetForums Newbie

Thanks for your quick reply, We will look in to that! :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice