Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Tracking frenzy!!! advice!

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by DoubleTrouble, Jul 2, 2009.

1. My youngest be part of the HPR group has a keen nose to say the least!

I let her out this morning at just after 7pm and she is going beserk! she has picked up a track of 'something' she will not let up, it completely ignoring recall and is just covering the same ground over and over again! she's trashed the veg patch, and I cannot get within a couple of yards of her before she shys away and continues with her nose to the ground! she is hot and her tongue is hanging out! Never seen her this keen before! she is almost frenzied! It's actually quite scary as I am worried she could break through our boundries as she seems hellbent on persuing whatever it is she has picked up!
    DT

DT

2. sallyanne

sallyanne Guest

Don't know what to suggest DT,obviously the scent she has picked up is far more interesting than you LOL :eek: :p

3. Fleur

Fleur Vassal to Lilly and Ludo

No suggestion - must of been something in the garden last night.
    Maybe put some really smelly cheese out to distract her:D

4. Ive heard sprinkling pepper will stop a dog tracking... no idea if it works or even if its safe to use!

5. bird

bird PetForums VIP

You have my sympathies mines done it a few times too. As you're in the house something smelly and tasty might just sidetrack her.

6. james1

james1 PetForums VIP

Try simple distractions if you havent allready, a squeeky toy or even thir favourite toy?
    You could try to hone it too, give her the scent of a treat in your hand then put it n the garden .... rub the treat over patches of the ground an see if she follows that?
    No idea how you break it though - could be the best smelling fox ever? :)

7. noushka05

noushka05 Unicorn denier. Snowflake. Activist ;)

she not got the scent of another "Human" body part has she!!:eek: :p

8. Patterdale_lover

Patterdale_lover PetForums VIP

I sympathize!:eek:
    Bess constantly is at our wood pile after the mice inside! (thats the trouble living next to a farm!)
    Throw water over it, she won't want to sniff it then:)

9. alphadog

alphadog PetForums VIP

Finely ground black pepper sprinkled around, they don't like sniffing it anymore than we do! ;) She'll stop then :D

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice