Welcome!

Welcome to PetForums, the UK's most popular and friendly pet owners community. Please 'Sign Up' if you'd like to take part and contribute to our forum.

Track down the breeder of my Siberian Husky

Discussion in 'Dog Breeding' started by Sean Ryan, Jan 23, 2018.

1. Sean Ryan

Sean Ryan PetForums Newbie

Hi I’m really hoping for some help or for someone to point me in the right direction with regards to tracing the breeder of my husky.

He was born around 26th October 2015, he was bought by a Turkish/ possibly Albanian man who in April 16 decided to move back home and as I was turning up at Leigh Cats and Dogs home he was just bringing him in to put him up for adoption.

As I saw him go in I fell in love with him and within a couple of days I’d done my research, prepared the house (as best I could) and persuaded my fiancé that we were taking him home!

When signing all of the paperwork for him the staff at the rescue centre took away his pedigree documents and told me they were to be destroyed and they could not pass them on to me. At the time I wasn’t bothered because they’d neutered him and I had no intention of doing anything with him other than for him to be our pet. This still is the case but over 2 years on we absolutely love him and would really love to find out where he came from, see pictures of him as a pup and have a contact in his breeder should we ever want another dog. I understand this is a long shot without his paperwork but so far the only progress I’ve managed to make is I’ve found out that on 4/1/2016 he was microchipped at Sheffield DPSA which is over an hour away from the rescue centre where I got him from and I think would’ve been done by his breeder. In which case I’ve tried my best to identify people who have litters in this area at the minute to see if they had a litter around the time he was born but haven’t had much luck yet.

I’m guessing I’ve pretty much covered all bases but if anyone has any ideas as to how I may be able to track down his breeder or even previous owner I’d be really grateful. I understand this is a strange one and it’s not in anyway going to do anything other than give me the opportunity to see where he came from and also make contact with a breeder that I’d be keen to speak to should I ever decide to get him a playmate.

Ive attached a couple of pictures from when I got him to recently (his name is Zeke)

Attached Files:

MiffyMoo likes this.
  2. Sarah H

Sarah H Grand Empress of the Universe

If he was microchipped by his breeder there should be a record of them held by the microchip company. Not sure you can access that though. Worth phoning the chip company and finding out.

MiffyMoo likes this.
  3. bumbarrel

bumbarrel PetForums Member

Data Protection will probably stymie your attempts via the chip - worth a try.

How about contacting the Breed Club? Someone may know a breeder in the relevant area.

4. Sean Ryan

Thanks guys...

I’ve tried the micro hip company and they’re not able to give me any details other than the date it was done. I’m sure I’ll gwt there it just seems impossible at the minute, I’ve also emailed the South Yorkshire husky club

5. MiffyMoo

MiffyMoo PetForums VIP

I wonder if the micro chip company would agree to pass your details onto the breeder, if they do have their details. I suspect the answer would be no, but you never know.

He’s beautiful by the way

Sarah H likes this.
  6. Sean Ryan

The microchip company told me they don’t have the details of the breeder but Sheffield’s PDSA do as they fitted his chip. I did ask them that but the girl I spoke to told me she was too busy and had work to do so couldn’t help me... I’ll just keep trying that until somebody passes my details on I think.

Thank you!

MiffyMoo likes this.
  7. Blitz

Blitz PetForums VIP

That sounds most unhelpful of the girl in the PDSA. Can you go in there with your details and the details you have of the microchip and ask if they can pass your details on to the person that microchipped the dog. If the same girl is rude again ask to speak to someone else.

MiffyMoo likes this.
  8. MiffyMoo

MiffyMoo PetForums VIP

Well that wasn’t very kind of her!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice