Welcome!

Welcome to PetForums, the UK's most popular and friendly pet owners community. Please 'Sign Up' if you'd like to take part and contribute to our forum.

Toys!

Discussion in 'Chinchillas' started by BrokenGoddess, Nov 7, 2018.

1. BrokenGoddess

BrokenGoddess PetForums Newbie

I read a few posts about this here already but I thought why not ask for myself as well?

So... My two story cage currently has pretty much everything Haru needs. A wooden hide he decided to chew the roof off of, a rather small wooden branch I happened to find in the shop when I went to get his food, a hanging hide, a dust bath, a total of 3 larger platforms to jump on and all necessary feeding supplies (bottle, hay rack, and bowl). However, I feel like he doesn't really have anything to explore or play with when bored. Plus the lower story of the cage is rather empty looking. I'm looking to buy some toys for him but I'm not sure what would be a good thing to get and scared to buy something that might not be good for him. I also seem to have problems finding chinchilla safe wood in nearby pet shops...

Also, thank you for all the help till now! This forum really helped out when I wasn't sure what to do~ I'm sure it helps many new owners.

2. Arny

Arny PetForums Member

chinchillalady.co.uk if you're in the uk sells great toys at reasonable prices. Chirping chins on etsy too.

Is that your current set up in your profile pic?

3. Tiggers

Tiggers PetForums Member

Minipetz do some really nice hanging toys. My chins all love them :)

4. BrokenGoddess

It is. I am currently waiting to be able to change the dust bath and probably the hanging hide too.

5. Arny

Arny PetForums Member

I'd recommend replacing all the plastic with wooden shelves as plastic can lead to complications if/when consumed. The wood also provides something nice for them to chew.
    Chirping chins or tic tac wheels sell metal tunnels which chins enjoy or for wooden ones ranchhousecages on ebay.

6. BrokenGoddess

Oh~ Thanks for letting me know!

I'll try my best to be able to replace it as soon as I can.

Tiggers likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice