Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Toys for chewy dogs

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by Nikkisun, Nov 5, 2012.

1. Nikkisun

Nikkisun PetForums Member

Cooper has come to the conclusion that his sole purpose in life is to systematically chew every toy he has into teeny tiny pieces!

Nothing is sacred, soft toys, rope toys, balls, frisbees, rubber toys - he's destroying them all!

Can anyone recommend toys that he can't kill? I've seen a lot advertised as 'indestructable' but are they really? I don't want to spend loads of money on something that lasts no time at all.

2. SixStar

SixStar Banned

Goughnuts Maxx rings are the best toys I've come across for very strong chewy toys - they're expensive, but they're one of very, very few things that have stood up to my big beasts!

GoughNuts Dog Chew Toy
    Tuff-toys-4-dogs - Goughnut Chew Toys

Nylabone durachews are very hard wearing for determined chewers, but may be of limited play value to some dogs.

DuraChew Dog Bone Chicken - Giant - £6.37

The black Kong Extreme range takes some beating too.

Search Results : VetUK Selling Pet Meds, Vet Products and Pet Products to Pet Owners.

If he is a dog that likes to chase, Boomer Balls are fab. They do not a large area in which to play with them, as they batter fences and flowerbeds otherwise, but they're designed to be chased, not picked up, so hence are very durable and hard wearing. You should order a size larger than your dog can fit in his mouth.

Boomer Ball from Company of Animals - From £4.73

3. ChewieFudge

ChewieFudge PetForums Newbie

Stag bar!

Got a couple for my two end of last week (large one for the Mastiff and small one for the Cav) and they haven't stopped nawing on them since :D

Like you have said, all other toys are destroyed. Usually the nose or eye of a toy gets chewed off first, then the stuffing is pulled out everywhere!

They are a bix expensive IMO for what they are (£9 & £4), but they are supposed to last quite a while.

4. Nikkisun

Nikkisun PetForums Member

Thanks - he has a nylabone and a stag bar but apparently prefers to chew his toys! I think it's because they come apart whereas the nylabone and stag bar don't!

I'll take a look at those links - I don't mind spending a bit more as long as they're going to last!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice