UK Pet Forums Forum banner

Toy poodle food trouble

493 views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  ttaylor45 
#1 ·
My 4 year old toy poodle mix is reacting to her food. She is currently on a grain free diet, but she still has really flaky, itchy skin and by observing her bowl movements it's starting to resemble colitis (my other dog had the same issues hence how I know). It's got chicken in it and I have tried beef too. Can anyone recommend any foods. Also, she's missing teeth and her remaining teeth are damaged so any soft foods would be appreciated however if not I'll just add water to kibble.

#2 ·
I had a very fussy toy poodle who I fed on Natures Menu tins all his life the last two years on Natures Menu country hunter my other toy poodle was fed the same but in the last year or so of his life he had very dry itchy skin so the vet gave him apoquel which stopped the itching but he was still a bit flaky. Sadly I lost both dogs last year.

#3 ·
I agree with the Natures menu as mentioned above, but would suggest the frozen "Country Hunter" product.
Natures menu do make frozen options of "complete" mixes, although if you offer a variety of meats and bones this does not have to be balanced every feed.
The Natures Menu products are convenient , clean and not smelly.

#7 ·
I recommend Forthglade wet food - it's like a pate and really good quality.
My toy poodle cross loved it, but sadly found his tummy can't cope with wet foods so had to stop feeding it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.