Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Toto update again

Discussion in 'Rabbits' started by pinkyblare, May 14, 2010.

1. pinkyblare

pinkyblare PetForums Junior

Firstly i want to thank you all for this week and your replies and advice,i have followed many people's advice off here and the rabbits united forum and i believe the last 5-6 days have been worst of my life nursing my sick baby bun but today he turned a corner he is hopping round house, doing dry nugget poo as i describe them lol and his eating eating and eating he has had lots cuddles from his sibling and me and my mum and the care and attention and vets help and yours i think we have got him over the worst and i can see my old Toto back this eve i believe it was GI Stasis although vets never said what was wrong, i am so relieved and happy he is on the mend just a quick question do i continue with meds (painkiller and gut stimulant) for few days make sure or take him off he not done the little black slimey poos yet but guess the other poo (dry ones) is a good sign?? he is drinking by himself now yeah go Toto!:):thumbup:

2. Zippstar

Zippstar PetForums Member

yay, go Toto!

all bunnies eat those slimy poos for extra nutrients etc - im no vet and i think you should ask your vet for advice but i wouldnt stop treating him until he's done a few....although of course they do eat them straight from their bottoms so maybe you havent seen it?

3. hazyreality

hazyreality PetForums VIP

I personally would keep with the painkiller but not the gut stimulant, because it could make him have a runny tummy. You should never actually see the stuck together poo's because they should be eating them.

Well done :)

*Heidi*

4. pinkyblare

pinkyblare PetForums Junior

Thanks for replies i double checked with vet as you said and he said certainly keep up with both for couple days keep things moving and go for check up wed with him before we take him off he says meds should keep him moer comfortable x x x

5. emzybabe

emzybabe PetForums VIP

great to hear he has come through the worst of it :D just be sure to give him plenty of fresh smelling hays and if you need to change his diet at all then do it really gradually. (even a new bag of food i normally mix with old for a good week or 2)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice