Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

totally fuming, who can I report this to?

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by Taylorbaby, Feb 10, 2012.

1. Taylorbaby

Taylorbaby PetForums VIP

I dont know if anyone remembers but last year I found a staffy & jack russell of some type in the middle of the road, the staffy was a girl and quite clearly had just had pups, teats were massive, the russell was sesperate to mate her and I stopped them.

Took them to the vets, had them scanned, I think we realised quickly that it looked liked both had escaped and possibly not from the same home.

Now!! I went to the vets today and asked about them, I said that I stopped them from mating, and I cant beleive what she told me, they give them to the local dog warden, who thought it was FUNNY and let them mate! twice that she knows of!!! :mad: :mad:

She actually didnt even seem to care either! I am fuming, I took them to the vets thinking they would be safe!!!! :mad: I had a feeling sad dog warden wont process her & will keep her for himself, where he lives is a massive staffy town, so he probably thought 'oh free dog free mating!!' ££££££!!

Who can I report this to? The vets might not back me up on this so it will be my word against theirs, I have pictures of the dogs & a video of them and I know what they both look like.

fuming how could a dog warden and vets do this? :nonod: :mad:

2. astro2011

astro2011 PetForums VIP

The vets should have some sort of complaints code in their office. I would have asked how do I make a complaint straight away, and try to find out who regulates the vets?

I don't know, but someone must regulate the vets I am sure.

3. catseyes

catseyes PetForums VIP

Thats disgusting that poor girly doggy, how can a vets treat animals like that when they are meant to help animals in need?
    I wouldnt know who you would contact about it but def has to be a higher power at the vets who would like to know about it?

4. Set_Nights

Set_Nights PetForums VIP

Has the vet actually done anything wrong (apart from seeing to not care)? I would have thought the right thing for the vet to do would be to give them to the local dog warden, which they did. It is the dog warden who has been grossly unprofessional and wrong and it should be them you are reporting.

5. sailor

sailor PetForums VIP

Poor dogs!
    If it is true, I doubt you would have any proof to back this up :( even if the dog had been mated by the dog warden, they could just say, it must have happened before it was handed in to them, unless of course the dates do not add up.

You could complain to the council as they are in charge of the dog wardens I assume? Also maybe write to your local MP, to let them know how the local council are possibly NOT putting their money to good use and NOT dealing with the stray dog population as well as they should be.
    Should the dog you found be in this dog wardens home and not spayed/chipped, it might put him in abit of a predicament with his boss! Depending on what the policy of the dog warden/council is regarding stray dogs and rehoming.

If you could find the owner of the dog, through the papers maybe, as you have photos, it would be interesting to hear if they had ever phoned the warden to report the dog missing, but got told their dog hadnt been brought in etc ??

I dont know, Im just thinking out loud!

Fingers crossed the vet was just a gossip and talking nonsense so she could listen to her own voice :rolleyes:

6. Taylorbaby

Taylorbaby PetForums VIP

It wasnt the vet it was the dog warden they handed them over that day, and they kept them apart in different crates -I was helping them and I had to wait to vac my kittens so I was there a good 40mins, the door was open I could see where the dogs were etc, she called the dog warden in front of me, when I went back 3weeks later for 2nd vacs I enquired they said the dog warden picked them up that day (this was a different vet who wasnt there)

today I spoke to the girl who Was there and who I helped with the dogs, I made posters, put a ad in the paper and did a dog lost online, it doesnt fall on the vets, its the blood y dog warden im fuming at, why would he do that? The only thing I can think is he wanted to keep the dog, she was a very well looked after staffy but the look of it, and as I said the town they are based in, you wont see any other dogs apart from staffys/GSDs/bulldogs/crosses of those, so I really think that he has kept her. I dont think that she was lying, she is a very nosy person, but the way she said it, as we knew the dog had given birth and me & the other vet nurse were like 'oh graet more staffy crosses' and she never said anything. So when she said 'yeah when we handed them over he just let them mate thought it was funny' I was like 'oh my god!!! what? but but!?' then I cant really remember what else I said as was too annoyed!!! I HOPE that she has made it up, I didnt think of that, but why would anyone lie about that??

I wondered if I can call and just pretend I lost my dog and give them a description of her? they would have to say that they took in one as they did, but if they dont then I know he kept her? That way Id at least know

, IVe not see any posters/adverts looking for them or anything :(

I thought dog wardens would be animal lovers doign that job? :nonod:

#6 Taylorbaby, Feb 10, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 10, 2012
  7. Manoy Moneelil

Manoy Moneelil PetForums VIP

The vet just passed the stray dog to the dog warden - they have discharged their responsibility, any complaint against them is pointless.

The dog warden was professionally negligent, they will have either a line manager within the local council or contract manager within the council if that service is contracted out. Either way that is your path.

Might I suggest that if the dog warden's knowledge of these dogs is that they have 7 days before PTS (or whatever their time limit is) their mating might have been seen as giving them both a little "pleasure" for the last time.

As with three other posts I've made today, you might consider if you are correctly directing your energies and venting on this forum rather than writing letters to the correct people.

8. Taylorbaby

Taylorbaby PetForums VIP

I came on here to ask advice about who to contact :rolleyes: wouldnt be much of a forum if people didnt come on here to vent half of the forum is that ;) Dosent mean I cant vent & write to the right people! and after 7 days they are given to the rspca, not pts, and yes I know the vets have nothing to do with it Ive said that 3 times, its the dog warden and Hence my asking for advice I wouldnt know what to do or who to write to, hence asking for advice on a advice forum! :rolleyes:

#8 Taylorbaby, Feb 10, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 10, 2012
  9. Julesky

Julesky PetForums VIP

Council for sure- they will have an online chain of command somewhere so you can directly speak to a manager before pursuing it through letters/e mails?

It's different in Scotland as i think our wardens handover to SSPCA immediately for the 7 days.

Good luck with your enquiries... absolutely disgraceful of the warden

10. Spud the Bull Terrier

Spud the Bull Terrier PetForums Senior

mmmmm I think making a complaint about someone based on hearsay is a bit iffy. You could be potentially messing with someone’s career based on what amount to little more then gossip and supposition.

11. Taylorbaby

Taylorbaby PetForums VIP

I know, what I may do it just phone up and see if they say they took the dog in and where it went, Ill look on the rspca website now, yse its the same they go to the rspca after 7days.

she may well have made it up, but why? just seems a odd thing to say dont you think? Or am I that out of it that people make this type of stuff up? :confused:

12. Paganman

Paganman PetForums Senior

........;)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice