Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Tortoise

Discussion in 'Turtles and Tortoises' started by KingstonTheTort, Apr 28, 2019.

1. KingstonTheTort

KingstonTheTort PetForums Newbie

Hi everybody. I got my Horsefield Tortoise 2 weeks ago now. When I got him he was without his ubv light and his beak was soo overgrown he’s now got Everything he needs and I took him to the vets to get his beak trimmed which they made a right mess of. Anyway when I was at the vets they told me they can tell he wasn’t very well looked after before and his diet was bad they were surprised he could eat with how overgrown his beak was. They also said he’s quite underweight. So I was wondering what sort of stuff I can give him to fatten him up also what’s the best substrate for him. Want to get everything the best for him as he hasn’t had a very good life so far. He’s 6. He was also very shy when I first got him now he seems very happy and comes to me when I open his viv sorry for the long post. Tia xx

Attached Files:

furrychest likes this.
  2. furrychest

furrychest PetForums Newbie

Awww thats lovely that you only want the best for him and rightly so as its what every pet deserves. I remember as a child we had a tortoise as a pet and i know he loved fresh veg, dandelions and lots of fruit. Im sure with a good diet he will fatten himself up in no time cos i remember they can eat quite abit, also i know you said youve only just had him 2 weeks so maybe he needs worming if you havent already. I wish you and your tortoise all the best and please let me know how he gets on x

3. KingstonTheTort

KingstonTheTort PetForums Newbie

Thankyou. Yes he does eat a lot. Ohh I didn’t know you had to worm them. Thankyou will defo do that & aww thankyou will do :) xx

furrychest likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice