Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Tortoise care

Discussion in 'Turtles and Tortoises' started by Kalexie, May 21, 2010.

1. Kalexie

Kalexie PetForums Newbie

Hi everyone

This is my first posting on this particular forum. We really need some help please.

This morning a tortoise was clipped by a car outside of our house. It's not too badly injured, just some slight grazing to it's legs and the person who was driving must have thought it belonged to us and put it in our garden.

We have no idea who it does belong to and so need some information on how to take care of it. If no-one claims it we will keep it but obviously want to look after it properly.

Could someone please tell us about diet, etc. According to the information I found on the internet the diet depends on what species of tortoise it is. Can anyone point us in the right direction on how to identify it?

Thanks in advance for any information.

2. hawksport

hawksport Banned

It would be worth having it scanned for a micro chip

3. Kalexie

Kalexie PetForums Newbie

Thanks for your prompt response. That's a really good idea, never thought about a chip. The only problem is we live in France and I don't think most french people would bother having their tortoises chipped but it's worth asking at the vets.

4. Kalexie

Kalexie PetForums Newbie

Problem solved, the owner of the tortoise has just turned up to claim him. Let's hope they keep a better eye on him and not let him escape again, eh!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice