Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Toppy's chicken!

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by Charity, Mar 11, 2017.

1. Charity

Charity Endangered Species

In the time the cats have been going outside, which is almost eighteen months now, Toppy has never used the catflap. He watches Bunty come and go daily but he has always insisted on waiting outside until one of his slaves appears to open the door to let him in. :rolleyes:

That is, until about three weeks ago, when, for some reason, he decided to take the plunge, hold his tummy in and wriggle through the catflap (unlike Bunty who flies through it sometimes without touching the sides)....and he's been doing it ever since. My theory is its because we now have a cockerel living in one of the gardens at the bottom of ours who kicks up an endless racket at various times during the day and you can tell from Toppy's 'on high alert' manner when I let him out early in the morning, as he's never heard anything like it before, he doesn't know what it is or like it. :eek: So, I think at some point its scared him and he's just wanted to get back to the safety indoors.

Of course, he will still take advantage if either OH or I are near the catflap to save him the effort but, earlier this afternoon, I was ironing and he came up to the door, saw I was there, but I was adamant I wasn't going to open it for him. He kept sticking his nose on the glass, then sitting down and waiting, sticking his nose on the glass again while I was shouting "Toppeee, come through the flap". After about ten minutes, he got the message that I wasn't going to oblige and so in he came all by himself. For that he got treats and a chicken succeeds where I have failed. ;)

"What programme shall we watch on TV? Anything but Chicken Run"
    IMG_2574.JPG

2. ewelsh

ewelsh PetForums VIP

Hello Toppy, rumour has it your slave isn't meeting her slave requirements! Put your paw down Toppy or she'll be expecting you to come through the cat flap thing ALL the time, then you will have to do all sorts of things for yourself, maybe even catch your own food :eek:, where will it all end,

and and and your slave will tell other slaves and they will all think they can rule us!

You do sound an incredibly brave boy investigation the noise at the bottom of your garden, well done!

P.S you will get chicken treats from your slave anyway so don't put too much effort into anything.

Lots of love

Libby

ameliajane, MoochH, chillminx and 4 others like this.
  3. JaimeandBree

JaimeandBree PetForums VIP

Clever boy Toppy! Don't go making life too easy for your slave though, we can't have that :D

Charity likes this.
  4. Ali71

Ali71 PetForums VIP

That is just THE most gorgeous photo of Toppy - he looks very regal x

Charity likes this.
  5. Smoosh

Smoosh PetForums Senior

Aww, clever Toppy!

Charity likes this.
  6. Matrod

Matrod Moderator
    Staff Member

Oh Toppy you do make me laugh :D he'll be expecting chicken & treats every time he uses it now!

Charity likes this.
  7. chillminx

chillminx PetForums VIP

Aww Toppy, what a handsome clever boy you are! :) My cats often prefer me to open the door for them too, rather than use the cat flap.:D

Charity likes this.
  8. Jonescat

Jonescat Don't do nothing. Do something.

Dear Toppy - that cockerel is a chicken in fancy clothes. You could eat it . Just saying.....

chillminx, ameliajane and Charity like this.
  9. Charity

Charity Endangered Species

If you can't beat 'em, join 'em

Chicken Toppy.jpg

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice