Welcome!

Welcome to PetForums, the UK's most popular and friendly pet owners community. Please 'Sign Up' if you'd like to take part and contribute to our forum.

Toppy, Toppy, Toppy!

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by Charity, Dec 30, 2017.

1. Charity

Charity Endangered Species

Never rains but it pours. Toppy, now to be known as Danger Cat, has such a lot to answer for this week. OH has had a bad fall in the garden trying (and failing) to stop him getting onto the shed and into next door and we are now waiting for an ambulance. :Banghead I was going to take him to A&E but he can't walk and has a leg wound which is quite bad and won't stop bleeding. They are so busy, phoned at 10.00 a.m. and still waiting two and a half hours later. :(

Toppy saw next door's cat and somehow managed to haul himself up onto the shed roof via the trellis (which has catproofing :rolleyes:). OH says he was dangling off the shed when he tried to grab hold of him and fell. He had to stand on our raised bed which is about 2' high and from whence he fell. Toppy managed to get onto the shed and went over into next door. I phoned my neighbour and she managed to shoo him back onto the fence so he got back onto the shed roof but he couldn't get down. I had to reach up and drag him by the front legs. He's now in the kitchen very quiet and feeling very sorry for himself poor lad (he's not the only one!). :oops:

2. Jackie C

Jackie C Cat slave

Oh dear! Silly Toppy!
    Hope your OH is okay x

Charity likes this.
  3. Oh so sorry to hear this about your OH! And you. Hope he gets seen to soon and recovers well. Not a good day for you!

Oh Toppy! Cuddles to him and Bunty and I hope your evening will be LOADS better

Charity likes this.
  4. Bertie'sMum

Bertie'sMum PetForums VIP

Hope the ambulance has arrived by now ! Best wishes to OH that he hasn't sustained any permanent damage.

Toppy you are definitely in disgrace now, it's going to take a lot of being on your 'best' behaviour for your "Dad" to forgive you !

Charity likes this.
  5. Charity

No, we are still waiting. They keep calling every hour or so to see how things are but think its going to be a wait yet :(

6. urbantigers

urbantigers PetForums VIP

Oh Toppy!

I hope your OH is ok and that the ambulance is there very soon (if not already turned up).

Pinto and Charity like this.
  7. Emmasian

Emmasian PetForums VIP

Oh my word that sounds nasty. Can he not get into a car and go in a taxi perhaps? Do they know he won't stop bleeding? If it's his thigh it could be an artery. I'm sure you are applying lots of pressure to the wound.

Poor you and OH. Toppy should give all his Xmas treats to his Daddy for his insubordination!

Hope it resolves soon xx

Charity likes this.
  8. Pavonine

Pavonine PetForums Senior

Sorry to hear you’re having to wait so long for an ambulance, on the bright side it means it’s obviously not too serious!
    Silly Toppy, get back to bed and curl up with Bunty and stop spying on the neighbours.

9. Charity

Still waiting but told about half an hour ago, we're next on the list unless there's an emergency. :( It isn't bleeding a lot, its because he takes anti-coagulant drugs which make you bleed more than normal. I think its the pain more than anything and he's getting fed up. There's no way he could get into a car, he's having enough trouble just getting to the bathroom. Fingers crossed it will be soon. Not blaming the ambulance service, not their fault, that's the way it is today unfortunately.

10. Jannor

Jannor PetForums VIP

oh no, you could write a book on Toppy's adventures! Hope your OH will be okay once they get him there.

Charity likes this.
  11. Matrod

Matrod Moderator
    Staff Member

Oh Toppy, what's gotten into you! I hope you & OH are on your way to hospital now & Mr T doesn't go on any more adventures.

Charity likes this.
  12. Charity

They have just taken OH to hospital for x-ray and the rest. I haven't gone as I will have to pick him up later, could be a six hour or more wait. I don't want to have to call out friends if its very late.

AmsMam, Jannor, SbanR and 2 others like this.
  13. SbanR

SbanR PetForums VIP

Sorry to hear about OH's mishap. Hope he hasn't fractured anything

Charity likes this.
  14. lymorelynn

lymorelynn UN Peacekeeper in training
    Staff Member

Oh dear Charity. I do hope your OH is okay and is able to be home with you before long.

Charity likes this.
  15. buffie

buffie Mentored by Meeko

Hope all is well with your OH @Charity .
    You do realise that no one will believe either of you that there was no alcohol involved ;) :)

vivien and Charity like this.
  16. Charity

Ha ha! What, at 9.20 in the morning ;)

buffie likes this.
  17. Gwen9244

Gwen9244 PetForums VIP

Naughty Toppy. I would have believed of Bunty but not Toppy! How's your OH doing? Hope he's ok.

Charity likes this.
  18. Charity

Still waiting for him to ring me from the hospital so don't know. I know when my friend was in A&E the other week, it was a six hour wait. It is Saturday night and the Bank Holiday weekend so no doubt is extra busy.

19. Ali71

Ali71 PetForums VIP

Best wishes to your OH @Charity, hope it's not too long to wait for him

Charity likes this.
  20. KCTT

KCTT PetForums VIP

Oh no hope your OH is ok and no need is good news. Poor Toppy all the stuff Bunty gets up to and he is now the naughty one.

Charity likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice