UK Pet Forums Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Orion and Luna sitting in a (cat) tree...

Luna has the upper hand...

Suddenly...

*POW*

Orion. Top Cat!

·
Master of the Whingey Cat.
7,885 Posts
:001_tt1: :001_tt1:

Absolutely bloomin' gorgeous, the pair of them- I could look at them all day!! :001_wub:

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you, they are so lovely and so different! They get on really well together now, in the last week I have noticed them happily sleeping next to one another (although not yet touching!) which is great as before they would sleep completely seperately! They also play a lot more together, chasing and gentle play fighting!

they are more or less the exact same age (a month or so difference) but Luna is much more mature,she gets bored quickly of games like chasing string, laser lights, birds etc! She loves cuddles and finds any oppurtunity to sit on anyones lap and be cuddled and stroked/ brushed. She loves to be held like a baby with her head in the crook of the arm! :)

She seems to have marked me as her fave as she will wait each morning for me to give her breakfast (nudging me out of bed with her head sometimes!) and generally whatever room I am in, even if she was previously asleep, she will wake up, follow me and settle down to sleep somewhere nearby as long as she can see me which is really cute! :D

Orion is the complete opposite, he is much more like a kitten, he doesn't tire of any game you introduce to him no matter how silly or easy! He loves treats so toys where he has to search for treats etc go down well with him! (Luna never eats treats, she just likes her fish dinner treat instead!) He has finally calmed down with us, before he was still so alert and tense around us and my kids (who can be very loud!) but now he is happy to be near them and tolerate their madness!

The only issue we have been having is he is sometimes pulling out some of his hair when grooming himself! He is free of fleas/ ticks etc I think it could be a behaviorial thing...His fur was slightly thinner than Lunas when we got him but now they are on a good meat diet its really got a lovely sheen and shine to it and incredibly soft! But there are still patches where he sometimes pulls his hair out (I think you can see one on the pic!) so that is one issue we need to get sorted and find out what is going on in his little head!

But we couldn't ask for any better! They are so great with the kids, my 6 year old often says 'we have the best cats in the world!' very well behaved and loving! Cannot imagine how you all feel after having cats for years, we have only had ours a few months and cannot imagine life without them! :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.