Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Toothache :(

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by xgemma86x, Jun 30, 2009.

1. xgemma86x

xgemma86x PetForums VIP

Arghhh since yesterday evening iv had really severe toothache. It was/is so bad I had to visit the emergency dentist who told me I have a gum infection and has given me antibiotics to treat it:mad: However I am in great pain and painkillers dont seem to be shifting it:mad:

Anything I can do til the antibiotics start working?:( I dont think iv ever been in so much pain before:(

2. Fleur

Fleur Vassal to Lilly and Ludo

toothache is the worst :(
    The antibiotics should kick in pretty quick.
    What are you taking for the pain?
    You can take Ibuprofen and Paracetamol as they don't interact with each other.
    Take them alternatively every 3 hours eg 7am Ibuprofen, 10 am paracetamol etc.
    Also Tyrozet sore throat lozenges have a numbing effect so place one alongside your tooth ache and let is dissolve slowly it should give you some relieve.
    Hope you feel better soon.

3. xgemma86x

xgemma86x PetForums VIP

It's a nightmare:(
    The actual toothache hasnt been as bad today but the antibiotics made me feel sick so I had an upset stomach all afternoon:( Little did I realise that I had to take them with or after food which I hadn't been doing and this caused me to feel unwell:blush2: I'm guessing I have less pain because this is the antibiotics kicking in?? Im using Corsodyl mouthwash too which tastes nasty but seems to do its job lol. I was taking co-codamol for the pain but when my parents spoke to the pharmacist this evening they told me to use extra strength ibruprofen (400mg) which I've yet to try. I also have clove oil too:)

4. Classyellie

Classyellie PetForums VIP

Awww poor you:( I suffer infrequently from abscesses (sp?) so I know how you feel. Even with anti-b's I'm usually still in agony!

I find clove oil a great help and usually take co-dydramol for pain relief.

Hope you start to feel better soon. There's nothing worse than toothache imo

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice