Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Tooth out operation day tomorrow

Discussion in 'Cat Health and Nutrition' started by Dante, Jan 23, 2012.

1. Dante

Dante PetForums VIP

Pyrrha is in at 9 tomorrow to have her tooth taken out - I'll be sitting at home worrying all day, twice under anaesthetic in roughly a month, I don't like it! :eek:

How long does it normally take a cat to recover from having teeth out/affect their eating?

2. Treaclesmum

Treaclesmum PetForums VIP

Well, Treacle had a troublesome tooth out when he was neutered. He was fine that evening when I got him home (it was a Friday) and eating better than before! He was fine Saturday and still eating more than usual, however on the Sunday he ate hardly anything all day!!! He seemed to have gone off his food, even his favourite Hills dry. I ended up phoning the emergency vet, but he said see how he is on Monday, and he began eating again, slowly but surely, mainly wet food, little and often. I think the hole where the tooth was removed caused pain when some food got into it. So that is something to watch out for. But ever since, he has been eating well! :D Good luck, Pyrrha xx :smile5:

3. Dante

Dante PetForums VIP

That doesn't sound too bad then, cat's seem so resilient after operations! :)

She's having one of the teeth out that has three attached roots, Vet says he'll have to cut the tooth into three sections to be able to get it all out properly - :eek:

4. Dally Banjo

Dally Banjo PetForums VIP

Im sure she will be fine :) our gummies were straight to the food bowls when they came back & Casper had 8 out at one go :w00t: the vet usually gives you some Hill's mush :arf: but they had that & were stuffing there faces normally the next day :D

5. Dante

Dante PetForums VIP

She already eats like a gummy, food bloomin' everywhere! One less tooth can only be an improvement..! :D

6. Dante

Dante PetForums VIP

Turns out you were right DB, she's absolutely chowing down her food! In fact I've never seen her polish food off so quickly. We'll see how she is tomorrow once the drugs wear off.. :rolleyes:

As ever with Pyrrha, it seems nothing is ever straightforward.. Apparently her tooth was slightly abnormal, more hollow in the middle than usual or something. Going to start a list of her ailments because I'm going to start forgetting soon! :D

7. Dally Banjo

Dally Banjo PetForums VIP

:thumbup: Hope you have'nt forgot to get a catnip mouse off the tooth fairy for her :blink: :lol:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice