Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Too much water?

Discussion in 'Cat Health and Nutrition' started by Kiona, Jun 8, 2010.

1. Kiona

Kiona PetForums Member

My 11 wo kittens drink water very well and in the case of one of them, probably too well, drinks till he has no more room, brings it back up then goes back for more. I don't want to limit water access at all but is this normal or something the vet should know about? They eat dry with complimentary wet food in the week and complete wet at weekends if that's any help?:confused1:

2. HollyM

HollyM PetForums VIP

Cat's drinking alot of water can sometimes indicate a kidney problem. Is your cat urinating alot more? If it is a kidney problem then a blood test can be done. But at such a young age it seems unlikely. Hope your kitty is ok.

#2 HollyM, Jun 8, 2010
    Last edited: Jun 8, 2010
  3. Philski

Philski PetForums Senior

I think you should get him checked out. It might be nothing and something he'll grow out of, but if it's symptomatic of something else, you'd be best off getting it checked out early. I have never heard of a cat (or kitten) throwing up water.

4. Tobacat

Tobacat PetForums Senior

I wish my cats would drink water, but that's another matter. It might be he's just drinking too quickly, but it would be a good idea to get him checked in case it's something else. Any idea how much he drinks in a day?

5. LisaLQ

LisaLQ PetForums Senior

I'd get it checked out. I dont know if it's possible for cats to be diabetic, but I know in other small animals (and us humans) excessive drinking is one symptom of diabetes. Better to be safe than sorry :)

6. Kiona

Kiona PetForums Member

Thank you, I will mention to the Vet next week at jabs. I wonder if it's just drinking too fast then bombing round like kittens do, sure I would bring it back up if I did that?!

7. Philski

Philski PetForums Senior

Could be that, Kiona. My cats have thrown up after eating and then bombing around the place.

8. Kiona

Kiona PetForums Member

spoke to Vet, he said it was the food they are on and tried to sell me Hills.

ffs.

9. Philski

Philski PetForums Senior

FFS indeed.

Is he still drinking too much and bringing it up again?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice