UK Pet Forums Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Yoshi Tonks! :-)
6,434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone,
@lullabydream reached out to me on messenger - apologies for taking a bit of a sabbatical from PF! Myself and the tonks are all good! My new job has taken me a bit by surprise, but more on that later.

First up, tonk news!

Not a huge amount to say here. They are all good. We've reopened the cat garden after repairing the broken defences that CK escaped out of. It's good that they can go back out, and they love it! It's under strict supervision tho, so can keep a watchful eye on Houdini.

Some garden pics:

Plant Vertebrate Wood Tree Grass
Cat Plant Felidae Window Carnivore
Cat Felidae White Comfort Carnivore
Plant Felidae Carnivore Small to medium-sized cats Dog breed
Cat Eye Plant Carnivore Whiskers

The unfortunate aspect of being outside - shrews under the bookcase...
Vertebrate Cat Wood Mammal Flooring

We've been to our first cat show (Durham and Norther Counties) since the November before Covid. Only took Jammy as at that last show we went to Waffles was a bit unhappy and I think given the huge break I just wasn't confident she would like it. Jammy was a bit nervous to start with but found her cat show mojo and was quite happy and relaxed by the end. Certainly on returning home it was just a normal evening! She did quite well - 2 best of breeds, some first places in side classes and a 3rd in one of her Olympian classes. Not at all bad for her first showing at that level, especially with the long break in between shows. The class was also quite big (7 cats). We're now scouring the show calendar for some suitable future shows.

Show brag:
Dog breed Felidae Pet supply Fence Carnivore

In human news we've been making a human only patio for the cooler nights and sitting outside, and my OH is building me a craft room / home office / tonk photo studio :D I say building, it's literally a pile of mud right now as has required excavating a hillside to make room for it on our drive way. But I'm quite looking forward to it being built and then getting on to the interiors :) We live in old coal mine territory so there was a bit of a surprise when excavations uncovered an angled large empty space, but on advice we've filled that in and hopefully my new office won't sink in :D

Human patio:
Plant Furniture Flower Table Property

Pile of mud:
Plant Plant community Tree Natural landscape Grass

My new job… it's been a pretty weird 3 months, that I only figured out what was going on last week. I've essentially not been doing things like facebook, instagram or pet forums as on an evening I'm partially still doing bits and pieces of work and mostly just feeling super drained. The work isn't especially hard, but I finally figured out this is the first place I've ever worked that has a brutal probation policy. Don't pass it and you're out. I made a big career decision coming here, leaving the public sector after 22 years and I really don't want to mess up. So I think that has played hugely into me just being super focussed on that and ignoring everything else. I think also joining a company where I will work 99% remote has also been playing on my mind, as I know i'll never work in an office with most people I'm working with. Anyway, I should find out this week if I have passed, and no one has said otherwise (in fact, a more senior member of the team is going on maternity leave and it's been suggested I should go for that temporarily!). Anyway, I really hope once I'm thru next week my head returns to normal. I'm hoping doing cat shows again helps with that too!

One thing I will say is that the tonks have proved their worth while I've been going thru a bit of stressy anxious time as they have obviously been keeping me calm and relaxed by being little terrors all the time to distract me :D :D :D

I haven't had a chance to read through everyone's news yet so I'll have a look back through the last few pages… I hope everyone is well tho!

and finally, one of my favourite photos from the last few months
Cat Felidae Carnivore Iris Small to medium-sized cats

·
Registered
17,365 Posts
Fantastic update!

Cannot wait for more Tonks news.

Fingers and paws crossed you have nailed your probationary period...am sure it's not needed and I am sure you will be covering that senior position!

·
Registered
9,491 Posts
Thanks for your super update. You've obviously been working really hard s fingers crossed you've nailed it.
Well done Jammy for being so good after so long away. Beautiful photo's too.

·
Obedient Cat Slave
5,328 Posts
Lovely to "see" you @Psygon :) You and the Tonks have been missed !Great photos - I must say that the "ship" is looking spectacular :D
Sorry but is that Darcy doing the dance routine ??? Great moves which ever one it was :)

·
Yoshi Tonks! :-)
6,434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Lovely to "see" you @Psygon :) You and the Tonks have been missed !Great photos - I must say that the "ship" is looking spectacular :D
Sorry but is that Darcy doing the dance routine ??? Great moves which ever one it was :)
That is CK doing the dancing! We bought a new toy at the cat show, a dragonfly thing and CK loved it so much he broke it in 30 seconds. But not before I managed to get some action shots! Of the 5 garden pics the last one is Darcy :) Boat is the three tabby tonks - ted on top, CK poking his head out and Darcy up front (and if you look carefully some Jammy ears in the boat), CK with the toy and the fierce eyes, then Ted, CK and Waffles on the seat, CK dancing and finally Darcy looking pretty :)

Great to see you back.
Lovely photos but that one of Jammy is something else:)
No wonder it's your favourite.
And that galleon!! What name did you decide on?
Good luck with the probationary period. I'm sure you've nailed it:)
Oh gosh.. I totally forgot I never came back with the name :oops: We called it The Black Purr-l!! I did make name badges for the boat, but they came off. Need to make a new one!!
Plant Sky Flowerpot Wood Wood stain

And, may have to update her placing in the show... once we checked the results today she wasn't listed as coming third in the Olympian class afterall... not sure if it's a mistake on the show reports or if the mistake was on the boards at the show. The cat listed as third in the online report thought they came fifth on the boards at the show, with Jammy as third. They were in next door pens... so either Jammy came third or fifth. Not sure!

·
Cat Chat Friend
20,510 Posts
Lovely to hear and see your update Psygon and so glad all is well with the Tonks! Loving the galleon and human patio too!

Good luck with your job and I’m sure you will pass what you need to with the effort you put in.

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
Lovely to hear from you @Psygon , I had wondered where you'd been and hoped all was well. Glad to hear the Tonks are all fighting fit and Houdini hasn't made any more escape attempts!

I have no doubt that you'll pass your probation with flying colours, but I know how much of a worry it can be, so I'll cross my fingers for some extra luck.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts