Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Toms in the garden...

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by Chez87, May 6, 2011.

1. Chez87

Chez87 PetForums VIP

Since Loki has started going outside, there seems to be an increasing number of tom cats appearing in my garden.

There is the grey and white one, who I think Loki quite likes, they tend to just sit there a couple of metres apart staring at eachother, I haven't seen any hostility.

The black and white one, who is aggressive, and I have caught fighting with both Annie and Loki. Well not fighting, but yowling and intimidating. Loki just rolls over. :rolleyes::

Today there was a big fat tabby (with a lovely purple collar :p) who I've never seen before. He actually looked a bit like wild cat, very pretty. Don't know what he was doing, as Loki was up the end of the garden not near him.

I'm not sure which if any of them are neutered, or who they belong to. Are they checking out the garden because of Loki? He was neutered at 5 months. I doubt it, but is there any way to deter them?

2. LittleAlfie

LittleAlfie PetForums Member

Not sure on detering, as when we used to get intruders when Alfie was out, he taught them a lesson and they never came back lol! :blush::hand:

Alfie also has a Husky dog on that list too... (True story, Dog will never place his nose upon thy case again hehehe :hand: )

But as for detering im not sure there is anything you can do.... best bet would be making sure theres no kitty riots going on. :) I think if you have just started letting Loki out then it could be a new kid on the block scenario and there checking him out. Territory type thing.

3. koekemakranka

koekemakranka PetForums VIP

Cats are fascinated by other cats. If they are all neutered/spayed, the novelty will probably wear off in time.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice