Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

toileting problems

Discussion in 'Cat Training and Behaviour' started by tracyi, Feb 24, 2008.

1. tracyi

tracyi PetForums Junior

Hi everyone

I have a problem with my cat Ziggy, he is 7 months old, I had him neutered 2 wks ago and since then he has had several accidents, mainly soiling beside the litter tray but today he pee'd in his bed.
    He is a lovely boy, very affectionate but also very nervous (sudden noises, unexpected movements, etc). I can't understand why this has started now, he uses the tray most of the time.
    Also he only has accidents in the utility room which is where his tray, bed and food are, my other cat Oscar is not in that room so he has peace.
    Any ideas?

2. Siamese Kelly

Siamese Kelly PetForums VIP

Maybe put another flat litter tray nearer to where he rests so it's not to far for him(more than 2 steps can be strenuous for some cats especially..boys.)but if it continues speak to your vet and see what he says:)

3. tracyi

tracyi PetForums Junior

Thanks for that, I'm taking him to the vets today as I have noticed a small amount of fresh blood in his stools :(.
    Am really worried about him, he hasn't been the healthiest cat in his few short months :(

4. Lisa M

Lisa M PetForums Member

I hope he will be ok :(

5. Siamese Kelly

Siamese Kelly PetForums VIP

Oh Traci-how did he go at the vets??

6. tracyi

tracyi PetForums Junior

Well think and hope he is ok, he has always had a swollen tum so the vet had a good old prod about, couldn't feel anything untoward, he thinks he has colitis which is prob related to the litter tray problem as if feeling pain when 'going' in the tray will associate pain with litter tray :( Gave him an injection of antibiotics and anti-inflammitory.

Feed him James Wellbeloved anyway cause he's had tummy trouble before so told to carry on with the same diet, but I've been warned it may be a regular occurance.

Must say he's looking more bright eyed than he has been, and he's started talking (meowing) to me again :)

Havn't had any litter probs since then so fingers crossed :)

Thanks for your concern :).

7. Thats a good news!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice