Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Toilet training in a monsoon

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by LolaBoo, Aug 24, 2013.

1. LolaBoo

LolaBoo PetForums VIP

Oh the joys of toilet training a puppy when its like a monsoon out :eek:
    She is very good and will ask to go out but still i like to take her every 30/45 minutes even tho she is 6 1/2 months
    She really dosnt like the rain and someone said to me use puppy pads ermmmm why would i do that , thats like taking a step back with her just because of the rain :thumbdown:
    No point to this really just was intrested in how your puppys/ dogs are in the rain, our Lola dosnt care about it she didnt even want to come home from her walk this morning :laugh:

2. danielled

danielled Guest

Buddy ates the rain. He will on,y go to the toilet in the rain if he had his coat on even then there I's no promising Nevski do it.

3. VickynHolly

VickynHolly PetForums VIP

Holly holds it in. She will out in the garden as long as it isn't pouring down. But she is more than happy to go for a walk in any weather.

4. LolaBoo

LolaBoo PetForums VIP

I just carried Apple out the back and believe me here in southend its coming down lke a monsoon road outside ours is flooded i plonked her down she stood there looked at me and i could see she was thinking you are kidding right ? lol

5. catz4m8z

catz4m8z PetForums VIP

Mine are usually good enough to use their puppy pads (which I still have as I sometimes have to be out for work for 14hrs).
    All except Alfie who seems to feel that rain outside = poop on sofa inside!:confused: Luckily the sofa is leather and he is raw fed so....no biggy!;)

6. Charleigh

Charleigh PetForums VIP

Teddy doesn't mind the rain. She is generally very good with all weathers even storms. Though I have been known to pick her up in a hail storm and run for cover as she is just pottering around!

7. BabyBlu

BabyBlu PetForums Senior

I got Edie in the winter - very difficult to toilet train her in the rain. She hated it. Much easier to toilet train a puppy in the summer I have discovered!

8. LolaBoo

LolaBoo PetForums VIP

Our Lola we used pads and learnt a hard lesson because it took us 18 months to get her of usng them of using them, i vowed when we got another pup to never use them again
    understand your reason for using them catz4m8z id be same :)

9. Burrowzig

Burrowzig PetForums VIP

I house-trained Kite through the winter of 2009 which was very wet here, then turned very cold with snow and ice lasting days. An umbrella, big enough to cover you and the pup helps!

10. Fleur

Fleur Vassal to Lilly and Ludo

A large golfing umbrella helps ;)
    I actually made my OH buy a really strong Gazebo so we had somewhere dry to stand :D
    But I found the best thing for Lilly was to pop her lead on and take her down the road and back - a short walk and she'd wee in within the first few minutes, standing in the garden she'd just stand and stare back at me as if to say "well why are we stood in the rain?"

11. Dogless

Dogless PetForums VIP

Both Kilo and Rudi were winter pups. They go out and stay out until they have been for a wee. They don't like going in the garden in the rain to toilet but are happy to go for a walk in it!

12. LolaBoo

LolaBoo PetForums VIP

Well southend got badly flooded today and i mean badly flooded had to close of the seafront roads coming in to southend, shops all flooded, so i actually dont blame her for being stubborn about weeing in the garden lol

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice