Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

toilet training help !!!

Discussion in 'Dog Training and Behaviour' started by staceyscats1, Mar 1, 2008.

1. staceyscats1

staceyscats1 PetForums Senior

hi got my new puppy two days ago and she always seems to weeand poo in the house i have taken her out and she will wee and poo outside too but prefers to do it inside and crys when we are out to come back home, need help on how to toilet train her :(

Attached Files:

2. Lisa M

Lisa M PetForums Member

She is utterly adorable!!!!

I have only been a dog owner for a few months and she was my first dog, so Im not sure I'd be much help to you.
    I took Sam out regularly and gave her a little treat everytime she did something outside. If she did anything in the house I told her off (Just sternly, not going over the top) and after a day or so she got the hang. I made it a routine to go out and then she knew to wait.

Hope it helps :confused:

3. sallyanne

sallyanne Guest

You'll need lots of patience,a puppy doesn't have any control over there bladder until they are around 6 months old.
    You are doing the right thing by taking your pup out,stay out there with her until she performs,however long it may take,reward with lots of praise & a high value treat such as cheese,chicken etc......

Maybe link a word such as Be a "clean" Girl whilst she is performing,so she assoicates the two together,personally I never use paper as I think it tends to take puppies longer as you are giving the signal it's ok to go indoors.

When she Toilets Indoors,simply pick her up put her outside,don't say anything to her,Ignore what she has done & clean the area with Biological washing powder to get rid of the smell.

Young pups need to go out every hour,after meal times,playtimes,sleep etc....
    You will get there it just takes time & patience.
    Good Luck!

4. staceyscats1

staceyscats1 PetForums Senior

Hi

Thank you both for your advice, hopefully she will get there and me too lol

x

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice