Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Toilet Training and a few other things :)

Discussion in 'Dog Training and Behaviour' started by Tara 76, Aug 25, 2013.

1. Tara 76

Tara 76 PetForums Junior

Hi all,

Dotty is coming up for 14 weeks now and is fantastic. She sleeps all night in her crate, and other than this morning (her tummy is off today), she is dry/clean during the night. I, as a rule, leave the back door and patio open during the day and she is taken out for a walk a couple of times a day so she has ample opportunity to go to the toilet which she does.

My question is when will she start 'letting me know' she needs the toilet because if the doors are closed she will happily go on the floor in front of us :shocked: I know she is only a baby at the minute, but does this come with age where she will bark etc.to let us know? I do watch for the signs but to be honest, she sniffs for all of 2 seconds and squats! I always pick her up and pop her outside and say 'toilet' as I do (the neighbours must think I have named my pup a strange name!) and I never, ever tell her off.

Moving on; Dotty has found her bark-and at times never stops. She barks when we are sat down a lot and I am assuming it is attention....? Should I carry on ignoring her when she is being a 'diva'? I do love to cuddle her etc. and don't want to stop picking her up/allowing her on the sofa, I just don't want her thinking if she barks and gets what she wants, she can do it all the time.

Also, I was walking her the other day and a lady was stroking her and said to me ' Ah, Golden Cockers are renowned for being aggressive, but they are lovely' :eek: Seriously??

Any advice would be great :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice