Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Toddlers and Puppy Worms - should I worry?

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by holly2009, Jul 6, 2009.

1. holly2009

holly2009 Guest

Deleted due to leaving forum

#1 holly2009, Jul 6, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: May 12, 2011
  2. Nonnie

Nonnie PetForums VIP

Worming is an ongoing regime throughout the dogs life, so it would be beneficial to teach your children good hygiene.

If the breeder has wormed regularily throughout the puppies life, then the risk should be minimal. Make sure your children dont put their hands in their mouths, that they wash them after handling the puppy, and of course keep them away from any feces.

It may be an idea to keep the puppy away from the childrens toys and belongings, just to be on the safe side.

3. reddogs

reddogs PetForums Senior

Recently read an article about this and the statistics that are put our are quite wrong

whilst it is a risk and you certainly should worm your dog to prevent it I believe the incidence of actual infections is in single figures in this country per year.

Having said that I still would encourage your children to wash hands and not rub eyes etc.

wish I could remember where I read about it

4. shortbackandsides

shortbackandsides PetForums VIP

practising good hygiene by handwashing,cleaning poo up in garden immediatly will help:):)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice