UK Pet Forums Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6,981 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bit of a strange one today, I spent most of the afternoon watching storm clouds, thankfully, passing us by. Cetainly someone was getting a soaking but the Good Lord decided to spare us today. Met a beautiful Gordon Setter, not as breed I see often these days, but one that I greatly admire. I think they have the most fabulous colouring and such sweet natures.
As you can see, Skye is oblivious to the wonders of the surrounding storm clouds, focused only on hunting as much of the ground as is possible.

Attachments

·
Registered
6,664 Posts
Lovely :D I love dramatic cloud pictures especially if the rain misses you.

I have a couple of pics somewhere downstairs. One of a rainbow in a beautiful blue sky arching over the beach huts, the other is an incredibly dark, angry, orange sunset over the marshes, taken form the same spot at the same time just looking in different directions. The coast and the estuary give some very erratic weather effects, its great.

·
Registered
7,176 Posts
Lovely pictures. I like the one of Flyte.

I was at a setter and pointer show on Saturday. So many beautifully groomed Gordon Setters. I've got a soft spot for them as my old cocker spaniel was Black and Tan. I always think its strange how so many different breeds of dogs can have that colouring, but the markings are all the same. I don't think there's any other colour that does that?

What I find remarkable about all setters is that they seem to recognise each other - even Gordon's to Irish and English, and they all greet each other like long lost relatives with never a cross word between them. Ok, so maybe not so much like relatives! :eek:. Lovely creatures.

·
Registered
6,160 Posts
Love the clouds. In towns they are miserable bringers of gloom, in the country they are dramatic and another part of the beauty of the view.

We drove through Glencoe a few years ago, covered in dark clouds, mist and rain. I thought it was beautiful, and wouldn't have been entirely shocked to see wizards and hobbits appearing out of the mist :D On the return journey the sun was shining, and I actually felt Glencoe was more beautiful in the clouds.

·
Registered
6,981 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Lovely pictures. I like the one of Flyte.

I was at a setter and pointer show on Saturday. So many beautifully groomed Gordon Setters. I've got a soft spot for them as my old cocker spaniel was Black and Tan. I always think its strange how so many different breeds of dogs can have that colouring, but the markings are all the same. I don't think there's any other colour that does that?

What I find remarkable about all setters is that they seem to recognise each other - even Gordon's to Irish and English, and they all greet each other like long lost relatives with never a cross word between them. Ok, so maybe not so much like relatives! :eek:. Lovely creatures.
Cant disagree with that, Beautiful dogs.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.