Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Today is....

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by Charity, Nov 13, 2020.

1. Charity

Charity Endangered Species

WORLD KINDNESS DAY

World Kindness Day.jpg

Pinto, Treaclesmum, Ali71 and 19 others like this.
  2. Lurcherlad

Lurcherlad PetForums VIP

3. ewelsh

ewelsh PetForums VIP

4. Whompingwillow

Whompingwillow PetForums VIP

5. MissyfromMice

MissyfromMice PetForums VIP

6. Mrs Funkin

Mrs Funkin Human mother to Oscar

7. Jcatbird

Jcatbird PetForums Member

8. Ringypie

Ringypie PetForums VIP

Since my diagnosis I have been on the receiving end of so so much kindness. And it’s not just the big gestures, although they are utterly wonderful!! Just the occasional message to know someone is thinking of you can make such a difference. And of course the mug some lovely mystery person sent me! Which really did make me smile! Thank you so much!!
    I’ve literally been blown away by the support, from people on here, people in real life, it’s utterly heartwarming in what is such a difficult time

9. TriTri

TriTri Standing up for cats

Every day should be world kindness day. Wouldn't that be wonderful?

Charity, ebonycat, Mrs Funkin and 2 others like this.
  10. Ringypie

Ringypie PetForums VIP

It really would! I’m going to hold on to this when I am better and try to do a little something for someone most days if I can. Doesn’t have to involve buying expensive things, just a little love and thought is all it takes!

TriTri, Mrs Funkin and Trixie1 like this.
  11. Trixie1

Trixie1 PetForums VIP

This is so true too.....
    16FC7583-796B-4BCA-AD87-29ABBA510D48.jpeg

12. Mrs Funkin

My goal every day at work is to leave knowing that I’ve done at least one thing that has made a positive difference to someone’s experience. Much of the time it happens - even when it’s crappy, there is good to be found.

I did a fairly minor thing (IMO) recently which had a big impact on the lady, she came in a couple of days later with a card for me. Made me realise that it’s not all about grand gestures and solving huge issues, sometimes it’s just a little thing that makes all the difference.

Ringy, you fully deserve every bit of love and support heading your way xx

TriTri, ChaosCat and Ringypie like this.
  13. Ringypie

Ringypie PetForums VIP

When I was still working in the office I found even turning up at a colleague’s desk with a cuppa for them would make a world of difference.
    @Mrs Funkin i think you are one of those lovelies who sprinkle happiness and kindness wherever you go!

14. ebonycat

ebonycat PetForums VIP

All of the above.

As most of you know this year has been a really tough year for me health wise.
    From having to spend two weeks in hospital in March, then another two weeks in hospital in June. All awhile having test after test & scans to find out what was wrong with me.
    Both stays in hospital were pretty rough especially in the middle of a pandemic.

If I wasn’t through the kindness of all of you all on here I truly would have gone stir crazy & cried a lot more tears than I did.

Even now with my diagnosis, undergoing further tests/ scans & treatment you’ve shown me so much kindness.
    I can’t thank you enough. Just know you’ve made me so thankful.
    From the bottom of my heart you’re the best friends anyone could ask for.

Hugs to you all xx

15. Ringypie

Ringypie PetForums VIP

Sending you much, much love. I think I have missed most of your story, I do hope that your diagnosis wasn’t too awful and that the scans are all showing good news xx

ebonycat likes this.
  16. ebonycat

ebonycat PetForums VIP

Thank you.
    Unfortunately not the best news but there’s hope.
    I have Interstitial Lung disease, brought on they think from having hypersensitivity in my organs.

I had a really bad case of the flu (didn’t know I had it, just carried on as normal) around January time, developed pneumonia, shortness of breath, at times it felt like I was having a heart attack.
    I don’t drink, have never smoked so just thought I had a bad cold.
    Went to my doctors & he done some checks & called an ambulance.
    Lots of tests, lots of mix ups with different doctors etc.
    Had to call an ambulance again in June, further tests.

Referred to The Royal Brompton hospital up in London, more tests. They first thought it was my heart as well as my lungs.
    Then finally about two months ago I was diagnosed lung disease.
    I’ve still got to have another heart scan, just to make sure my heart is working correctly.

I’ve been on home oxygen therapy since I came out of hospital in June. Then my lung consultants put me on steroids about three months ago & literally within 48 hours I could breath better.
    Started on a really high dose, then over the weeks have reduced the dose. I’m now taking two a day & still able to breathe ok.
    Still have to have the oxygen if I’m walking or doing housework etc. But I’m better than I was.

I’m due to start a new drug, just waiting on my consultants to phone me regarding when I’m starting it. Hopefully I’ll hear from him next week.

It’s been a long & tough year, I hate needles, I hate blood, sick of having to have ABG ( @Mrs Funkin knows what these are, it’s where they take blood straight from your arteries in your wrist, to get a gas reading, they are horrid ), lost count of how many I’ve had now.

I don’t know what the lifelong prognosis is, it’s a question I want to ask my consultants when they next phone me, so many questions you forget when you see them or when they call you up.

I try & stay off reading about it online as it gets me down.
    But as long as I keep plodding on, that’s what I’ll do.
    Everyone here has been so supportive.
    I have my animals so I have to fight, there’s no two ways about it.

I can’t fault my team of doctors, local & Brompton & the nurses.

Just got to take things easy, rest when I have too & keep plodding on :)

17. Mrs Funkin

Oh @ebonycat you deserve so much love and support, too. Those horrid ABG's (I used to hate doing them when I was training, I was doing them on sedated patients in ITU and I still hated it!). You are so brave and you've properly been through the mill to try to get a diagnosis. What with you and Ringy, the forum has a lot of medical sadness at the moment :(

ebonycat likes this.
  18. Ringypie

Ringypie PetForums VIP

You poor love, that just sounds so frightening and overwhelming. I send you lots of love and healing and hope for the future xxx

19. ebonycat

ebonycat PetForums VIP

Thank you xx

Thinking of you too.

We have to keep fighting.
    Sending you strength & love xx

Mrs Funkin likes this.
  20. ebonycat

ebonycat PetForums VIP

Thank you xx

I’m having a ‘good’ day today, even Alfie is eating everything I offer him today, which makes a change :rolleyes:

It’s hard going but we have to try.

Hugs xx

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice