Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

today is the big test...

Discussion in 'Dog Training and Behaviour' started by Louby, Aug 1, 2009.

1. Louby

Louby PetForums Junior

Today i am giving Perry a proper taster of being left.

I got up at 7.15 [will be getting up at 6 usually]came downstairs and let Perry out into the garden, he did a wee and two poos!!! he got massive praise and i got a whole back end wiggle not just a tail wag! :D

I then brought him in, i made him his brekkie which he just sniffs at in the morning, for some reason it takes him ages to eat his meals....anyways, i put the stair gate up between the lounge and the kitchen, i mopped the floor [not cos he had made a mess, just cos thats what i do in a morning now ;)], i tidied the kitchen, put new puppy pads down, made a fuss of him, said be a good boy and pretended to leave the house [opened and shut the front door, turned the key ect] and snuck up to my bedroom to see what happens.... which is wear i currently have been for 10 minutes....he has been whineing intermittently so we will see how he fares...

This is all a little new to him, as he has only had the run of the kitchen once, when i was having a mid-day bath and the babygate thing is new to him too which i am trying out cos all the sites i have been on say dont leave him in a locked room :rolleyes:

wish me luck!!!!!

oo he has stopped whineing now!!!! Go Perry!! Go Perry!!

:D

2. Jacinth

Jacinth PetForums Junior

Good luck for tomorrow - he'll be fine. I'm home with mine most of the time and he sleeps most of the morning. When I have to go out for a few hours he probably whines, I just don't hang around to listen (the guilt would kill me) so well done and once again good luck.

3. Louby

Louby PetForums Junior

1.5hrs in and i am guessing Perry must be sleeping - i on the other hand am bloody starving i forgot to have brekkie!!

hmmmm maybe i didnt think this through properly before hand :smilewinkgrin:

roll on 11 o'clock!

4. Jacinth

Jacinth PetForums Junior

LOL! I'm telling you, he will sleep for a few hours, I really wouldn't worry too much. I still hate leaving mine, but I can't live my life around my dog unfortunately. I do work from home but as I'm self-employed I have to go where the work is if necessary or else I wouldn't be able to feed him. I do however, make it up with a special trip out if I've been gone more than 4 hours.

5. Stellabelly

Stellabelly PetForums Senior

I'm sure he'll be fine. He will get into a routine and as I said on the other thread I know of people at home all day who don't take much notice of their dog or walk them very often and certainly don't spend time playing with them.
    Make his times with you special with lots of playtime and hugs.
    Good luck with him.

6. Louby

Louby PetForums Junior

i came downstairs, gave him a treat and fussed him, we have had a good old play and he is now sleeping again!!

i dont think he is going to be any trouble :)

haeveymolly likes this.
  7. hobo99

hobo99 PetForums VIP

Excellent news :thumbup1:
    Hope all goes well, sounds to be a sensible pup.:smilewinkgrin:

8. haeveymolly

haeveymolly PetForums VIP

He sounds great, ime sure he's going to be just fine he sounds very well balance for his age, which is more down to you than him, well done for taking time to settle him into the routine that is going to be the norm from monday.:)

9. sammyben

sammyben Guest

Great news, once they get used to being left alone for a few hours they usually just sleep when they are left!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice