Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Toby-hamster is missing again :(

Discussion in 'Rodents' started by Emmiiee, May 22, 2010.

1. Emmiiee

Emmiiee PetForums Senior

Toby my siblings hamster got out AGAIN this is the 3rd time everytime is a different way, how he does it I don't know!!!

He could have been gone anywhere between wednesday night when I fed and waterd him, and this afternoon when I went to clean him out :/ no one has seen or heard him, we have 6 cats but if the cats had got him he would of screamed and we would of heard him, hoping he is curled up under the bunks in there room, set all the normal traps and food piles, so hope we find him, the twins are devestated he's gone :( x

2. Emmiiee

Emmiiee PetForums Senior

still looking for him, no sign :/

3. Emmiiee

Emmiiee PetForums Senior

Still havn't found him :( do I give up looking and expecting him to be found alive :/ or could he still be around x

4. thedogsmother

thedogsmother PetForums VIP

I live in a house with 3 cats and we found my mouse Mojo after being out of the cage for 4 days but I think I was very lucky to get her back. Have you made some bucket traps?

5. Emmiiee

Emmiiee PetForums Senior

I've made one bucket trap and then placed small boxes, with bits of his bedding in, in the hope he will curl up in there during the day :/ im worried cos he has no acsess to water :/ x

6. thedogsmother

thedogsmother PetForums VIP

It is a problem if he doesnt get to water, have you tried putting his cage on the floor with the door open and the water bottle attached so he can go in and get a drink if he needs to.

7. CreativeLC

CreativeLC PetForums VIP

My hamster never once escaped as her cage was very escape proof, i hope you find Toby.

8. Emmiiee

Emmiiee PetForums Senior

yhh his cage has been open, in the room he was originally in since he went :/ x

9. Emmiiee

Emmiiee PetForums Senior

His cage is hamster proog but not child proof! we think one on my twin siblings left the hatch roof bit not clicked shut :/ x

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice