Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

To Purrfect Fence or not to Purrfect Fence?

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by Estipuss, Apr 4, 2011.

1. Estipuss

Estipuss PetForums Newbie

Hi I am new to the site and so far I am very impressed! I live with four very lively Devon Rex's, an adorable Mainecoon and our super cool Persian! They have an enclosed cat run at the moment but we are moving to a new house with a massive garden which would be fab to let them out in. I have been looking at the Purrfect Fencing Site and wondered if anyone had any experience of using the system. Its expensive but I will pay it if it keeps the cats safe. I would be heart broken if I lost any of them to a car accident by trusting a system that didn't work!

Any advice??

2. Pointermum

Pointermum PetForums VIP

Hello and welcome to PF, hopefully someone will be along soon who might know something about cat proofing :)

Pic's are a must ;)

3. chesca13

chesca13 PetForums Member

afraid i dont know anything about them either but just wanted to say hi...welcome to the kitty crazy family and yes photos are a must :biggrin5:

4. Estipuss

Hi, Many thanks for the welcome! i will try and post some photos asap!

5. jenny armour

jenny armour PetForums VIP

hi and welcome to the pf. i think there is plenty of options for cat proofing online. not sure about this particular one or how much it will cost you, but there is mr 'oldleaf'on the forum who does this sort of work, in fact this is the name of the company

6. jenny armour

correction its called goldleaf not oldleaf

7. Taylorbaby

Taylorbaby PetForums VIP

lol mr. oldleaf sounds like a nice old man! :laugh:

When we move I want to get the systems on the goldleaf website, well ones to that effect, id prob get 2 systems the rolley one and over hang one, then Id prob build up the fences to 20ft high as ill still be scared to death they will get out! :eek: :blink:

8. Estipuss

Thanks for the suggestion. I have had a look at the Goldleaf system and it looks fab but our walls aren't high enough and we can't get planning permission to raise them! So frustrating that they have the opportunity to have a massive garden but I need to know they are safe! Why don't they realise we are only trying to help!!!!:rolleyes:

9. Jenny1966

Jenny1966 PetForums VIP

Cant help on the fencing, but wanted to say hello and welcome :)

10. crumbles

crumbles PetForums Junior

Estipuss, please let us know how you get on & what system you go for. I'm in the same situation & think the roller system looks pretty good - can't believe you can't make your fences higher! I understand you just want your cats to be safe & to find a fence that works. Good luck & keep us posted!

11. Estipuss

Hi everyone. Haven't been on for a while as I have been moving house and had no internet access! I decided to go with the Purrfect Fencing system and it is fab! I sent several questions to the company which were all answered on the same day and they couldn't have been more helpful. I ordered two sets of 100 foot fencing with two gates. It came to £1600 in total. The credit card wheezed a bit but so pleased I did it. I ordered the fencing on Monday and it arrived on Friday, very professionally packed with a DVD and written instructions. It took two of us two days to fit it. Its very good quality but quite time consuming. Its not worth rushing the fitting as you want to make sure you get it just right. The cats are having a field day, running around, chasing things and all of our spraying and fighting problems have stopped! They haven't tried to climb it or jump over it but do sit looking out and trying to get to butterflies and bee's just outside of their reach! Just got to teach them to go to the loo outside and I will be sorted! I am still trying to work out how to load pictures on the site but I will do so when I can. I know its a lot of money but the pleasure it gives the cats and the peace of mind it has given me is worth every penny!

12. MissyMV6

MissyMV6 PetForums Senior

Have only just seen your post.My hubby fit our purr-fect system last summer and its been fab..I was waiting for my Devon and Cornish girls to arrive and with their reputation of been little monkeys in cat suits I wanted a system that I felt 100% with :)

Louie Bobs my Selkirk has never tried to climb the fence..But my Cornish Lily had a go:D
    Sadly I lost both of my girls to fip (rip) :cryin::cryin:
    And to read that you have 4 of the little monkeys I am very very jealous.And I also have a soft spot for persians too;)
    What colours and sexes are they?
    Cant wait to see the pics ;)

Angie x

13. jenny armour

would be so interesting to see pictures of your babies and the new fencing.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice