Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

To introduce myself and maybe get a little help

Discussion in 'Cat Health and Nutrition' started by Molly & Milly, Jul 2, 2009.

1. Molly & Milly

Molly & Milly PetForums Newbie

I am the proud owner of Milly ( a 1yr old tortie) and Molly( a 20wk old dsh) I took them both into my home on the same day (when molly as 7 weeks old). Since they came from different households I thought there would be fights but to my surprise after an hour they became joined at the hip.

The are inseparable and do everything together but my problem is Molly keeps trying to eat Milly's Food. They are currently fed on Hills science plan ( kitten for Molly and adult for Milly) and get a pouch of meat ( same as before) at lunch time for a treat. I have to monitor every feeding time to make sure Molly eats the kitten food.

I was wondering if anyone else had this problem and if so do you have any suggestion to help with this problem?

Thanks.

2. could you try feeding them in different rooms?

3. Molly & Milly

Thank you Billyboysmum for your suggestion.

I can try feeding them in different rooms but i was under the impression you hat to leave food out all the time for kittens.

4. Molly & Milly

sorry BillyboysMammy lol

5. mypets

mypets PetForums Senior

Hey! I feed my cats meat at the same time but in different rooms and leave biscuits down thoughout the day for them...

6. kittykat

kittykat PetForums VIP

so are they both being fed dry? I would just leave the kitten food out then it wont hurt your older cat as she is only just a year old, kitten food just has alot of extra nutrients in it.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice