Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Title:BSL,s

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by Brewster, Jan 25, 2008.

1. Brewster

Brewster PetForums Newbie

Hi, I'm a newbie and can't seem to find a well set up site like this, here in Canada. Thought I'd post some links relating to a renewed fight against our ill-advised BSL
    Owner pleads for dog on death row - The Mississauga News - Mississauga.com
    Dog owner given tough choice - The Mississauga News - Mississauga.com
    Rambo has friends in high places - The Mississauga News - Mississauga.com
    Grade 3 student starts petition to save Rambo - The Mississauga News - Mississauga.com
    They've killed thousands of dogs but this is the first case brought to the public's eye.
    The Liberal gov't that set up Bill132 is taking a lot of heat over the killing of puppies.

2. sallyanne

sallyanne Guest

Hi & welcome,
    We currently also have active BSl in place,we are fighting this stupid piece of legislation in the uk,deed not breed, the kennel club and other organisations are calling for a change in our law.

3. Brewster

Brewster PetForums Newbie

Apparently this pup was purchased from a litter at a flea market , the owner was not correctly advised of it's breeding. The vet that attended the pup at 4mths could not be certain of it's ID.
    The more I look at puppies it seems like there is a group of them that could be classed as generic. Difficult to tell what breed they are from.
    This situation could happen to anybody.
    A serious flaw in an already flawed legislation.

4. sallyanne

sallyanne Guest

I think the last line in your post says it all really

5. carol

carol PetForums VIP

hi and welcome

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice