Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Tip for keeping pup cool

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by JuNeil, Jul 1, 2009.

1. JuNeil

JuNeil PetForums Member

Hi everyone,

Thought I would share this with you all as all our dogs are probably suffering in the hot weather. We have a bulldog pup who was panting quite a lot last night in the house (not overly but we could tell he was uncomfortable). He loves chewing icecubes anyway but we thought we would rub some ice onto his tummy and in the soft furless bits under his back leg to see if it would cool him down.

He absolutely loved it and just laid on his back as if he was in heaven! He also stopped panting and seemed a lot happier.

Jx

2. Changes

Changes PetForums VIP

That is lovely :)

I feed my pups a block of frozen rabbit and they all take turns lying on top of it before they eat it lol

3. crazycrest

crazycrest PetForums VIP

I generally just fill up 2 litre pop bottles or 4 pint milk bottles with cold water from the tap & put them in the dog's favourite sleeping places, they love to lay up against something cold in this weather x

Changes...yuck at your's lying on their dinner before eating it :001_tt2:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice