Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

tiny dogs and dog tags

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by PoisonGirl, Aug 23, 2013.

1. PoisonGirl

PoisonGirl Banned

Do you put it on their collar... or do you use a harness and put it on there?

Now that Izzy is nearing time to be able to go out and about I need to get a tag on her. I feel she is used to her collar enough that she can cope with a jingly tag to get used to now.

But the smallest tags I can find you can only have name and number on, she starts puppy class in a few weeks and I will need one with my name and post code on. So have had to get medium, wondering if it will be too big for her collar :lol:

2. LittleSherlock

LittleSherlock PetForums Member

How small is she?

Here's a couple of photo's of Sherlock when he was about 16-20weeks old (he was teeny tiny back then) but he has a standard sized tag on his puppy collar. It has a picture on once side and 4 lines of writing on the other with all the necessary information and 'I'm chipped' as the last line.

He tried to eat it the first day he had it on but he soon got used to it!

Tiny puppy pose.jpg

Muddy Puppy.jpg

3. Huskybob

Huskybob PetForums Member

Tiny dogs with big tags look cute. :p

4. PoisonGirl

PoisonGirl Banned

She's this tiny

[​IMG]

5. LittleSherlock

LittleSherlock PetForums Member

6. Firedog

Firedog PetForums VIP

She is cute.

7. Freyja

Freyja PetForums VIP

My littlies have the barrel type ones. Our pet shop sells the ones that push together rather than screw ones and I've never had a problem with them loosing them.

8. Nataliee

Nataliee PetForums VIP

#8 Nataliee, Aug 23, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 23, 2013
  9. BoredomBusters

BoredomBusters PetForums VIP

My tinies use polypettags. I get full name, full address, 3 phone numbers and a paw logo on their small ones. A 'finder' might need a magnifying class to read it though. :D

10. Wiz201

Wiz201 PetForums VIP

11. DirtyGertie

DirtyGertie PetForums VIP

Poppy has this one :). I was worried that she wouldn't tolerate it as she's always had the Indigo collar tag before on a 10mm collar but I bought her a new collar which was slightly wider and the Indigo tag wouldn't fit. The Identitag Mini is nice and small, imagine a 20p piece but completely round not heptagon (7 sided) and it's marginally smaller than that. Doesn't weigh much and Poppy has been fine with it.

If the collar is the right size, and you're going to stick with that width, I'd recommend the Indigo as there's absolutely no chance it can get lost/come off and there's a lifetime guarantee I think.

12. GingerRogers

GingerRogers PetForums VIP

Ninja is a little bigger than Izzy admittedly but she has the red dingo small tag, I really like them they look a bit nicer and are a nice weight so hang well, I often think she looks like she is wearing a necklace when she looks at me :rolleyes:.

13. Goldstar

Goldstar PetForums VIP

Lucky has always had the Ancol barrel type. Small and light. The paper inside holds my name, tel, postcode and says chipped & spayed so plenty of room.
    I know some barrel types are flimsy but she's had one for over 2 years now and it has never come loose.

14. bearcub

bearcub PetForums VIP

15. GingerRogers

GingerRogers PetForums VIP

...........and you can change the info if away etc ;) we always had one for Rory as he stayed at mums often. Aluminium I think.

16. Goldstar

Goldstar PetForums VIP

Yes :) the Ancol ones are very good

17. Milliepoochie

Milliepoochie PetForums VIP

Ditto this - Millie hasnt wore a collar (other than for agility) for nearly a month and her tag is clipped to her harness by a rubit. :)

**Dont tell hubby woh will wonder why she has soooo many collars**:eek:

18. PoisonGirl

PoisonGirl Banned

Oh! Not seen these that can go on adjustable collars :D
    (DAMNIT I have just ordered new tags for Dixie and Chase :mad: on ebay, round ones).

But I think I will look at getting one of these. I have a barrel one for Chase just now but they are not allowed in our KC good citizen classes due to 'if someone finds your dog they have to unscrew it while holding onto the dog and unfold the little bit of paper before ringing and might lose hold of the collar'. Which I can see the point especialy if it was a wriggly dog and the finder had no lead.

19. Megs Mum

Megs Mum PetForums Junior

When my meg was a pup I got her a tag from a key cutting shop cos they had a tool that they could hand write info on both sides instead of having a standard size font. The tag was about the size of a penny and had all required info on.

20. niki87

niki87 PetForums VIP

Just to add my two-penny's worth....I put a small aluminium tag on Rosie's harness. It jingles a bit but it stays out the way. It has my name and house number and postcode on one side, and numbers on the other and the fact she is microchipped. The tag is pretty scratched up, so will have to get a new one at some point but I am not stressing about that now.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice