UK Pet Forums Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Banned
19,820 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have just spent 15 mins cutting up pedigree cheesy bites into quarters because it takes Chase aages to eat a whole one :lol:

Is there anything that comes smaller... or do I just gotta keep chopping stuff up til he's a bit bigger?

·
Registered
39,229 Posts

·
Registered
13,034 Posts
I've got a couple of cats and use their kibble occasionally.;):D

·
Banned
19,820 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Brill, thanks think I might order some of those mini bones.

Could it be anything to do with that he was on wet food once weaned off mum? Or does that not make a difference to how good they are at chewing :lol:

·
Registered
3,914 Posts
Hotdog sausages or cooked chicken cut into tiny pieces go down easily, and Pedigree Schmackos can be broken up very small :)

·
Registered
39,229 Posts
Brill, thanks think I might order some of those mini bones.

Could it be anything to do with that he was on wet food once weaned off mum? Or does that not make a difference to how good they are at chewing :lol:
Those treats are all soft or chewy but not hard.

·
Registered
2,349 Posts
The coachies puppy training treats were definitely the best loved here, they are not too hard and are tiny, the cheapest I found them was Medicanimal, under £3 for a big tub that lasted forever :D

·
Registered
23,248 Posts
I used Pedigree training treats for mine coz they were tiny. Now they have JWB biscuits instead.:)

·
Registered
2,349 Posts
Chester even found the coachies hard when he was a pup . how about making your own tuna loaf i find it great :D and I cut it up into tiny pieces
Is it hard to make and does it come out in a loaf shape please? I'm wanting to make a birthday cake for Angel and I know they are safe with fish, it doesn't upset their tummies, I'm pants at baking things though so need something easy :eek:

·
Banned
19,820 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Is it hard to make and does it come out in a loaf shape please? I'm wanting to make a birthday cake for Angel and I know they are safe with fish, it doesn't upset their tummies, I'm pants at baking things though so need something easy :eek:
I made tuna cake in a cake tin :)

Ingedients:
2 small tins of tuna (in sunflower oil, do not drain)
100g wholemeal flour (although any type works)
1 egg
2 cloves of garlic

Directions:
Mix all ingredients together. Spread evenly onto a baking tray (preferably one lined with greaseproof paper for ease)
Score with a knife pre cooking (as it's quite crunchy to cut afterwards)

UPDATE:
If you want to make pretty bone shaped biccies or whatever just keep adding more flour until you get a dough texture, then roll out and cut. Tastes just as yummy apparently.

Cook for 30 - 40 minutes at 180c

Cooked treats can be frozen and de-frosted

ETA- not the same recipe I used because mine was soft when it came out, but I guess could cook it for slightly less time

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
For really small treats i tend to use

F4D training stars, these are really tiny and very smelly
WW salmon and potato training treats, can be easily broken into even smaller pieces
WW dried chicken/duck, these are in small cubes that are quite soft and crumbly
The natural way mini bones, healthy ingredients and pretty tiny, they are quite crunchy though
There's these dried anchovies from Zooplus that have gone down well, can be easily broken up into small pieces, and the dried chicken skins were good too

Or ofc homemade biscuits if you can be bothered :p

·
Registered
13,868 Posts
you can put it any shape you like as its quite a solid lump before you cook it :)

mines slightly different to poisongirls

1 drained tin tuna in suflower oil
1 egg
75g plain flour
1 clove of garlic

mush all up together and zap in the microwave for two minutes..

·
Registered
74 Posts
Not sure how small you need, but James Wellbeloved Minijacks are mini versions of their crackerjack biscuits, and they still break into halves if you want to. Different flavours too.

I was thinking of starting a thread about home made treats, so may just try the recipes above. Cheers;)

·
Registered
2,349 Posts
I made tuna cake in a cake tin :)

Ingedients:
2 small tins of tuna (in sunflower oil, do not drain)
100g wholemeal flour (although any type works)
1 egg
2 cloves of garlic

Directions:
Mix all ingredients together. Spread evenly onto a baking tray (preferably one lined with greaseproof paper for ease)
Score with a knife pre cooking (as it's quite crunchy to cut afterwards)

UPDATE:
If you want to make pretty bone shaped biccies or whatever just keep adding more flour until you get a dough texture, then roll out and cut. Tastes just as yummy apparently.

Cook for 30 - 40 minutes at 180c

Cooked treats can be frozen and de-frosted

ETA- not the same recipe I used because mine was soft when it came out, but I guess could cook it for slightly less time
you can put it any shape you like as its quite a solid lump before you cook it :)

mines slightly different to poisongirls

1 drained tin tuna in suflower oil
1 egg
75g plain flour
1 clove of garlic

mush all up together and zap in the microwave for two minutes..
Thank you both :D Two minutes in the nuker is my kind of baking :D I'll give that one a try first and if I'm feeling brave one day I might do the oven one ;)

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.