UK Pet Forums Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,823 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took Tiny and Simba to the vet today to have their claws clipped. They behaved very well, though Simba did growl at the vet nurse when she was restraining him! Tiny took a chunk out of my friend's hand as we were putting him in the basket and then we learned the hard way that the basket wasn't properly shut, thankfully before we left the flat (seeing a streak of tabby and white fur exiting the room before being recaptured and secured)

But anyway, the vet said they're both in really good condition and he said I've done a great job with them. Both the vet and the nurse marvelled at Tiny's physique ("even his muscles have muscles!") the nurse was finding it hard to scruff him because he doesn't really have a scruff. The vet thinks Tiny was neutered quite late. As for Simba, he will apparently always be prone to ear infections but he's doing great otherwise, his remaining teeth are in very good condition and the vet said the dental work he's had done was really good. Vet reckons he's eight. I'm so proud of them, although they're both very unimpressed with me at the moment. They don't like having short claws...

·
Registered
1,823 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
One thing, though, they're not allowed to get any fatter. to be honest i didn't need a vet to tell me that, one heave of a carrier containing almost ten kilos of cat was self-explanatory ;) so Tiny's biscuit habit needs to be stopped. I'll break the bad news to him later. For now, we've just had lunch and we're all going to curl up together and fall asleep in the mid-afternoon autumn sunshine :)

Has anybody else ever had a cat who gets into a carrier under their own steam? I just opened the door and Simba trotted straight in!

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
I took Ezri to the vets today. The minute I got the cat carrier out Tiberius JUMPED in and refused to get out:cool:: Then Ezri jumped in and the two of them had a wrestling match inside the carrier bag!!!

Finally got him out and took her to the vets. Once we got back home Ezri jumped out and Tiberius went straight back in!!!

As I'm typing he's having a sleep in the carrier.... Hope he's like this on Tuesday aka neutering day:D

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
One thing, though, they're not allowed to get any fatter. to be honest i didn't need a vet to tell me that, one heave of a carrier containing almost ten kilos of cat was self-explanatory ;) so Tiny's biscuit habit needs to be stopped. I'll break the bad news to him later. For now, we've just had lunch and we're all going to curl up together and fall asleep in the mid-afternoon autumn sunshine :)

Has anybody else ever had a cat who gets into a carrier under their own steam? I just opened the door and Simba trotted straight in!
Geoffrey goes straight in to his carrier as soon as its open in front of him! Wouldn't fancy a fight with him... Think he'd win!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.