UK Pet Forums Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone had this at a young age? I'm early 20's and have a whooshing sound in my ear... googling gives me tinnitus but I'm going to the docs tomorrow to see what they say. As it's in one ear I'm thinking they'll refer me to an ENT doctor (well this is what a few websites on google say!)
I've recently started listening to my iPod a lot more at a high level so I think this might have caused it. :hand: Thankfully the whoosing sound only occurs when I'm trying to sleep and not all day.

Worry wort me is panicking over the lots of possible causes it could be (worse being a tumour)... wish I didn't panic so much! :(

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm guessing that's what has caused mine. It's too much of a coincidence as for the past month the iPod has been plugged in (via earphones) way too much. :eek: I over-worry so I'm not googling anymore until I've seen the doctor. :eek:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks :) yeah I've been listening to music on the laptop and not from earphones now, with a lower volume.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It might just be a build up of wax. It happens to me. Do you use the earphones that fit in your ear?
I generally just use Sony earphones, they do fit in my ear but they're just generic £7.99 ones.
It could be a build up of wax, I've never experienced that before but I guess there's a first time for everything lol.

·
Registered
3,967 Posts
I've had problems with earwax build up this year and was thinking about starting a thread about it. lol It can cause the ringing in the ears, mild pain or lots of pain, and itchiness. I'm going to my doctor for this tomorrow in fact.

·
Registered
11,079 Posts
Turn the music down!!!

My OH who isnt in to music but works in a loud enviroment has tinitus and is now completely deaf in one ear:(

Please be aware of what its doing to your ears, you dont want to end up deaf:)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Turn the music down!!!

My OH who isnt in to music but works in a loud enviroment has tinitus and is now completely deaf in one ear:(

Please be aware of what its doing to your ears, you dont want to end up deaf:)
Sorry to hear about your OH.

Yes I've turned the music down. :)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I've had problems with earwax build up this year and was thinking about starting a thread about it. lol It can cause the ringing in the ears, mild pain or lots of pain, and itchiness. I'm going to my doctor for this tomorrow in fact.
Funny enough I had itching in my other ear (the non affected one) for weeks until it suddenly disappeared about a week ago. Anyway I'll find out more tomorrow (hopefully! :))

·
Registered
2,673 Posts
I generally just use Sony earphones, they do fit in my ear but they're just generic £7.99 ones.
It could be a build up of wax, I've never experienced that before but I guess there's a first time for everything lol.
Mine started in my early 20s. They used to syringe them now they tend to prefer you to put drops of olive oil in to clear it, unless its really bad.

Good luck today.

·
Registered
3,412 Posts
I've had tinnitus for over 30 years. I worked in a closed environment ie a telecommunications centre with 14 teleprinters rattling on so I blame that. It's also said to be linked to stomach problems and I find it's worse when I have an episode of reflux. It doesnt affect my hearing and though you may not hear it during the day it is still there but masked by every day events.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Hi everyone, the doctor said there is fluid within my ear which she guesses is from some sort of infection. If it's not gone within two weeks i have to go back.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.