Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

tinker is in labour

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by shells, May 6, 2011.

1. shells

shells PetForums VIP

ok vet said yesterday she has around 2/3 weeks to go . so sat down last night to work out what we need to do and get etc moved the kitchen around so she has her own secure safe place to have the kittens was up late doing this finaly finished this morning. i figured got this week to make sure things are perrfect for her in case hes a little off. well i just droped kids of at school and come home to find her with a black kitten:eek: 3 weeks indeed. she has cleaned the lill one up and the lill one is feeding at the moment. she is purring at me so im right by her side she just wants a little fuss every so often. i have aranged for someone to pick my boy up from nursery as odviously i cant leave her oh my looks like shes gonna poop

2. sharon_gurney

sharon_gurney PetForums VIP

awe bless, is she having another one

3. shells

shells PetForums VIP

ok now we have 2 kittens:D im so proud of her she is a natural.
    on here just incase i need advise lol n got phone ready with vet on speed dial:D

4. Ditsy42

Ditsy42 PetForums VIP

good luck hon :D

5. lymorelynn

lymorelynn UN Peacekeeper in training
    Staff Member

Good luck with the kittens. It sounds as if mum has got it all worked out but very good to have vet number to hand just in case :thumbsup: Mind you, I'm not sure that I'd have that much faith in a vet who told me she had 2 or 3 weeks to go. Kittens born that early wouldn't stand much chance of surviving and it sounds as if yours are quite okay.

6. colliemerles

colliemerles PetForums VIP

fingers crossed all goes well, keep us posted and good luck xxxx:)

7. shells

shells PetForums VIP

they look to be a tidy size to me but this is new to me, there serching for there milk and latching on fab i can here them sucking and squeeling i will put pics up latter am taking them as there coming . cant believe it iv never witnessed an animal being born before it is soo gross and yet soo amazing i realy am proud of her, she dont want me leaving her side either

8. lymorelynn

Staff Member

When she has had them all and they are dry and mum is happy pop them on some scales. They should weigh around 95 - 100g. Considering that cats are pregnant for nine weeks roughly being born 2 or 3 weeks early would be the equivalent of a baby born 3 months premature.
    It is an amazing experience :) My son who was 16 at the time kept coming in to watch when Mai Tai had her first litter and then dashing back to his room to speak to his mate on MSN saying how gross it was :eek: She is an excellent mum and isn't phased by other people being around. But I'm not allowed to leave her and she expects to be hand fed after she's had a litter :D

9. shells

shells PetForums VIP

will do the weighing , i sent a pic to my mate who has had load of litters and she said looking at the pic they look about right for proper due dates but of course that is of a pic. im just glad she is ok and so far both kittens are, she keeps calling and giving me her head:D thisis such progress as she has always bn wild regardless of my efforts. and sheis so good with the 2 she has so far there all snuggling at the moment.
    after all the work i did moving the room around and setting up her box she has had them in her carrier on top of my dishwasher:eek: will it be ok for me to move them to her bed after she is finished or should i replace her bed with the carrier??

10. gskinner123

gskinner123 PetForums VIP

I think I must have had deja vu because I knew you'd post to say as much!

11. lymorelynn

Staff Member

I'd put her carrier down where the bed is for now. She is obviously happy in there and I would think it makes a nice secure nesting box. She may want to move them herself as they get bigger so have the bed to hand for then.
    Keep a check on the placentas - one for each kitten. She may eat them but don't worry if she doesn't, just clear them away.
    Still just the two at the moment? She may go a while in between having more or if she was quite small (hence the vet thinking she had longer to go) there may only be those two.

12. shells

shells PetForums VIP

still just the two at the moment mom is eating the placenta,s now i have one black n one mix verry simular to mom s colourings. she still has a large hard tummy so not sure if there maybe another to come yet.

13. celicababe1986

celicababe1986 PetForums VIP

Congrtaulations in the safe delivery of the two new arrivals, and good luck for anymore to come!:)

14. shells

shells PetForums VIP

how do i know when there are no more to come? im asuming it is like with us when there all out her belly will be soft and squishy again kinda like a deflated balloon is this correct??

15. lymorelynn

Staff Member

Yes, you won't be able to see or feel any more lumps of kitten but if you are in any doubt give your vet a call.

16. Kitty_pig

Kitty_pig PetForums VIP

Well done Tinker! Hope all is well cant wait to see pics :D

17. honeysmummy

honeysmummy PetForums VIP

Glad its going so well...well done tinker...keep us posted :D xx

18. gskinner123

gskinner123 PetForums VIP

Glad is going well. She sounds remarkably amicable and relaxed, given that you couldn't even catch her to get into a carrier just a couple of weeks ago. I guess that's hormones for you ;)

catsmum likes this.
  19. shells

shells PetForums VIP

she had 3 i whent to anser the door and come back to number 4 and she is purring away so happily :D

20. dom85

dom85 PetForums Senior

Ooh, shes doing so well, i keep checking back. Do you think theres any more in there?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice