Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Tilda's BTM

Discussion in 'Cat Breeding' started by thompsonk, Jul 8, 2009.

1. thompsonk

thompsonk PetForums Member

Hello lovelies!

First of all I want to say thank god for you lot and a big thank you to all of you! you have all been amazing in helping me and Tilda and calming me down from absolute hysteria when I found out she was having babies.

I have a not so pleasant question I'm afraid...Tilda is too big to clean her btm and its got some left overs, shall we say, from her visits to the litter tray. Should I clean it with cool boiled water and cotton wool or wait another 2wks until shes had her babies? Shes always trying to get to it and clean herself and she looks so uncomfortable doing it.

Karen xx

2. Taylorbaby

Taylorbaby PetForums VIP

I cleaned my girl to she was massive I had to brush her daily to as she couldnt move!

Id just used some loo roll as cotton wall tends to break off and stick lol!

3. Saikou

Saikou PetForums VIP

Definitely give her a clean, it will make her feel comfy. You can use fragrancy free sensitive baby wipes, removes any residue slighly easier than plain water, but warm water on cotton wool (stays together better than loo paper when wet) or an old flannel you can pop in the hot wash, will do just as well.

4. mypets

mypets PetForums Senior

yes def clean her hun..cats are very clean animals so she would like to feel clean all the time...lucky for me selecta leaves all her mess in the litter tray for me :D

5. thompsonk

Shes uses the litter tray but sometimes there is a bit of residue. Hows Selecta doing? xx

6. mypets

mypets PetForums Senior

Yeh shes fine ta, still hanging on in there...shes been her box today and has been snooping around the bedroom, and trying to get in the bathroom...she has gone off her food...iv put wet and dry down but shes not interested...

Hopefully thats a sign or shes just having me on lol....xx

7. thompsonk

ooooh its so exciting! Its my last day off tomorrow and im working fri, sat, sun so i wont be back on until monday :( 12hr shifts are a killer xx

8. mypets

mypets PetForums Senior

oh god! lovely...yeh it is exciting be more exciting when we start a new thread saying that one of them is in labour!! now thats exciting...i get exciting following a thread when someone has either a cat or a dog in labour...xx

9. thompsonk

i know! im on the edge of my seat most of the time reading this forum xx

10. mypets

mypets PetForums Senior

I know everythings so exciting...selecta is up by the window now..its so annoying when you dont know the actual date...her tummy is solid and her bubs are hugh...really chunky in there...They say you can feel the babies move from 7 weeks, well iv had her a week today, and i could well feel them when i got her..

There cant be much more in there..she cant be much longer....

11. thompsonk

Keep me posted! Love actually is on and I love snotty english actors so I'm off to bed haha.Hope something happens soon, I need a step by step account! xx

12. mypets

mypets PetForums Senior

glad you told me that, gives me an excuse to go to bed now...i love that film..brilliant...iv just told selecta not to go into labour whilst thats on...she just looked the other way lol...speak to tomorrow no doubt, cya mate xx

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice